iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sawmill Shed Layout

Started by TimW, July 07, 2019, 12:56:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dana Stanley

Quote from: Bruno of NH on July 11, 2019, 08:24:18 PM
Used bar joist work good for sawmill headers.
I have been on the lookout for one or 2
I might try building a warren truss.
I have been thinking about making a Warren Truss too. I have several 24' 2-1/2 sch 80 galvanized pipes I can use 2 of them for top and bottom cords!. Not sure what I should use for the webs though. It would likely be carrying 1/2 of a 12x24'  span 6/12 pitch 35psi snow load . 
Making Sawdust, boards and signs.
Woodland Mills HM-126
Kabota B-7800 with backhoe and loader
Ford Ranger, Husqvarna 455 20", Mac 610 24", other chainsaws 14", 23 ton log splitter
Matthew 3:10

TimW

Quote from: PAmizerman on July 11, 2019, 08:41:43 PM
@Bindian here is an example of a green chain in a nice setup.
The green chain is the piece closest to the camera that is transferring the flitches and finished lumber to the edger
3000 bdft / 8 hr shift wood mizer LT40 G25HD - YouTube
That is a neat setup.  How long did it take you to get that all dialed in?
hugs,  Brandi
Mahindra 6520 4WD with loader/backhoe and a Caterpiller E70 Excavator.  My mill is a Woodmizer LT40HD Wide 35hp Yanmar Diesel. An old Lull 644D-34 called Bull

PAmizerman

@Bindian  it's not my setup. Just a video I found.
Woodmizer lt40 super remote 42hp Kubota diesel. Accuset II
Hydraulics everywhere
Woodmizer edger 26hp cat diesel
Traverse 6035 telehandler
Case 95xt skidloader
http://byrnemillwork.com/
WM bms250 sharpener
WM bmt250 setter
and a lot of back breaking work!!

doc henderson

pbs airing woodsmith shop, S12 ep1 on setting up a woodshop, space and tools, might be interesting although not exactly what you are doing.  I guess it is something to watch if you are off your feet.  can prob. get it on google ect.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

TimW

Thanks Doc.  I will check it out.  Can't stay too long at the computer.  I try to prop my feet up, but just not comfortable.  What I need is a wireless connection to the new 65 inch TV with a wireless keyboard for the recliner!
       hugs,  Brandi
Mahindra 6520 4WD with loader/backhoe and a Caterpiller E70 Excavator.  My mill is a Woodmizer LT40HD Wide 35hp Yanmar Diesel. An old Lull 644D-34 called Bull

doc henderson

i got a dongle so i can see my phone screen on tv.  cheers
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

TimW

Quote from: doc henderson on July 25, 2019, 02:58:29 PM
i got a dongle so i can see my phone screen on tv.  cheers
Doc,
  What is a dongle?
hugs,  Brandi

doc henderson

it can be purchased on amazon, and is an interface so you can play a you tube video from your phone on any tv.  so I got one with a lighting to HDMI and can play my phone stuff on a tv.  they have many combos so you need to know that you want to play on the tv, and get the correct ends.  about 20 bucks.  i use it when I teach, "stop the bleed" courses cause I have the video on my phone, and can plug into a tv.

doc henderson

dongle.  the plug on the L plugs into my phone.  on the R upper is the HDMI, and the little slot on the R lower, is to plug a charger in as well if you want to simultaneously charge your phone.

jeepcj779

I'm a little late to the party, but microsoft also makes a wireless adapter that plugs in to a TV that has HDMI (audio video out) and USB (power) connectors (about $50). You can turn your TV into and extended monitor from any compatible wireless device. I use mine to sit on the couch with my feet up watching sawmill videos on the TV (wirelessly connected to the laptop as a monitor) while reading about sawmills on my laptop screen.

TimW

Quote from: jeepcj779 on August 11, 2019, 09:13:37 PM
I'm a little late to the party, but microsoft also makes a wireless adapter that plugs in to a TV that has HDMI (audio video out) and USB (power) connectors (about $50). You can turn your TV into and extended monitor from any compatible wireless device. I use mine to sit on the couch with my feet up watching sawmill videos on the TV (wirelessly connected to the laptop as a monitor) while reading about sawmills on my laptop screen.
The new 65 inch TV I bought has wireless on it.  Just gotta figure out the HDMI ports and how to switch it.  I have 3 sources with one being hooked to the satellite.  You tube is already on the TV, so I guess click that and see if it connects to an open HDMI port?
hugs,  Brandi

flyboy16101

I built this in a hurry just so my mill would not be left out in the weather and so I could so saw anytime that I got a chance (some how my day off work is always 100% chance of rain). I knew from start that it would be a little tight on space. I am drawing up plans for a 44x40 to replace this and also store some lumber and equipment (skid steer, maybe an edger) but the more I think about it I doubt I will have very much lumber storage due to equipment and being able to move around while I do things without moving machinery outside to make room to work. I would like to go 40x100 or bigger but I have to make a lot more flat ground to build on first.

Wood-mizer Lt35, International 504 w/ loader, Hough HA Payloader, Stihl Ms290, Ms660, LogRite Cant Hook

TimW

Quote from: flyboy16101 on August 13, 2019, 03:09:55 PM
I built this in a hurry just so my mill would not be left out in the weather and so I could so saw anytime that I got a chance (some how my day off work is always 100% chance of rain). I knew from start that it would be a little tight on space. I am drawing up plans for a 44x40 to replace this and also store some lumber and equipment (skid steer, maybe an edger) but the more I think about it I doubt I will have very much lumber storage due to equipment and being able to move around while I do things without moving machinery outside to make room to work. I would like to go 40x100 or bigger but I have to make a lot more flat ground to build on first.

Looks warm and cozy.  Can you run it with the doors closed?  Flyboy, is that mean you fly?
hugs, Brandi

flyboy16101

I was going to put an exhaust in but didn't since I don't have room for the lumber inside so the doors are always open when I'm sawing. I fly some a flight engineer for the reserves but not very often anymore.
Wood-mizer Lt35, International 504 w/ loader, Hough HA Payloader, Stihl Ms290, Ms660, LogRite Cant Hook

TimW

Quote from: flyboy16101 on August 22, 2019, 08:44:47 AM
I was going to put an exhaust in but didn't since I don't have room for the lumber inside so the doors are always open when I'm sawing. I fly some a flight engineer for the reserves but not very often anymore.

Flyboy 16101,
     THANK YOU for your service.  I'm an aircraft mechanic with a major airline.  Been there 27 years.  Years ago, I thought about becoming a WOC in the Army to fly helicopters.  At that time I was rebuilding wrecked helicopters.
                                                hugs, Brandi

jeepcj779

If your TV is new, it is likely of the "smart" variety. That being the case, you can probably just use the TV remote to select youtube and watch it using just the TV.

Thank You Sponsors!