iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Iron Inventory

Started by Ron Wenrich, January 25, 2006, 08:16:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

sapsucker,welcome to the forum.I always ask,what's the plan for the mill.Business?,going to saw some for yourself,is it a new one?Have your own logs?  Good luck.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

cjg

Just thought I would do my first post here, I am the proud owner of a lumbermate 2000. Bought it used with a 13 horse honda, found a used 20 horse (honda also) and made the swap. Sure like it better for the hardwoods, nothing wrong with the 13 just a little better with more ponies.
smiley_bull_stomp

gibby

welcome cjg

i do not post much, but these guys here have the answers you need, just ask or do a search and you will find it, I have. I cannot say how many time all i had to do was search the forum.

i just added a TK 1220 bandsaw to my ProCut, and build a kiln camber this winter, i have to order the dryer, after get the clams together, maybe sell some green lumber. Now i have to figure out how to make saw dust with the TK.

gibby

redprospector

Figured I'd post what I've got so we could get to know each other a little better.
I have a shop made band mill, I built it about 10 or so years ago.
19" sheaves for wheel's
14'4" band's
1600 cc Volkswagon engine
16'8" length of cut
Will cut up to 34" diameter (with great effort on the sawyer's part)

Andy
1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

John Bartley

Quote from: toxedo_2000 on February 29, 2008, 08:38:30 PM
Hey ! Me too ! I have the same, with a 20 HP. Good luck in your new business !
Toxedo

Hey Toxedo :),

I just saw this reply today. Thanks for the "good luck" and same right back to you. I hope you have as much fun as I'm having!!

cheers from the Ottawa Valley eh?
Kioti DK35HSE w/loader & forks
Champion 25hp band mill, 20' bed
Stihl MS361
Stihl 026

donny hochstetler

1998int. bucket truck with 57 ft. highranger boom , 2004 ford f 250 flatbed dump, 935 vermeer brush chipper, 2003 1635 rayco stump grinder, 2002 863 bobcat skidloader, 2008 model brand x swingblade sawmill , which i haven't got to use yet, twister comm. firewood wrapper, timberwolf logsplitter , lots of saws, including carving saws, and tools,  ropes, climbing gear,one lincon stick welder, one wirefeed lincoln welder,ect.

Firebass

Quote from: donny hochstetler on March 18, 2008, 09:47:51 PM
1998int. bucket truck with 57 ft. highranger boom , 2004 ford f 250 flatbed dump, 935 vermeer brush chipper, 2003 1635 rayco stump grinder, 2002 863 bobcat skidloader, 2008 model brand x swingblade sawmill , which i haven't got to use yet, twister comm. firewood wrapper, timberwolf logsplitter , lots of saws, including carving saws, and tools,  ropes, climbing gear,one lincon stick welder, one wirefeed lincoln welder,ect.

Congratulations on the new Brand X mill swing mill.  I bet your chomping at the bit too get it.  Keep us posted on it.  And as always we like pictures.... 8).   

Firebass

kgb12158

How about a Lane 00 52" Circular mill with Babit bearings and a 210 horse Cummings diesel.  The curf is only .25 to .375 depending on the day. 

My father in-law bought it ~30Years ago

We've cut a lot of wood but it's time to come into the 21st century.  Anyone want to buy it? 

Kim Balfour Timber Framing since 1986, Woodmizer LT40 HG, and 52" Lane 00 circular Mill.
Only 23 months to full time timber framing

Dave Shepard

Welcome to the Forum!

Where are you located, and what Cummins motor is running the mill?

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

kgb12158

I'm located in Delanson NY  ~14 miles west of Sechenectady. 

The diesel is direct drive.  I use a throttle cable to rev up the motor as needed.

We spoke at Jack's workshop.  I'm still looking for a good used Hydraulic Woodmizer. LT40HG

How's the WIDE board buisness?
Kim Balfour Timber Framing since 1986, Woodmizer LT40 HG, and 52" Lane 00 circular Mill.

Dave Shepard

I thought that handle sounded familiar. :) I've made a lot of wide boards in the last year, to bad the guy never sells any of them. There is at least one hydraulic Wood Mizer down in the For Sale section, check it out. You are not far from me at all. I might be interested in your mill later in the summer, are you in a hurry to sell?

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

kgb12158

No hurry but we need to sell this one before we buy the next.  What's it worth? 

Toolman

2008 Turner Hydraulic bandsaw mill
2003 Ford F-250 powerstroke

Saving up for skid loader
"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have" (Thomas Jefferson)

buckmtn

Mobile D to break it out, stationary bandmill to break it down.
Scoopmobile LD5 for the small logs, 977 for the punkins.
Mill-doin keeps me from moldin.

wtf

I run a swing blade mill   
Russ

sparky

I run a 48", left-handed, circular mill for an antique tractor club. It is definitely not a purebred as it was scratch built many years ago. It is all manual! We power it with a steam engine for at least one day of our three-day show each Sept. Last year we sawed 8200 board feet of Red Pine at the show. We paid for 5000 board feet of logs. Figure that one out! I had to measure the production twice to prove to myself that I had not made a mistake on the first count.

I have a 48" left-handed mill of my own that I am in the process of putting into operation. It has limited hydraulics, but I intend to add a log turner and some other features.
I'tnl 2050 with Prentrice 110, Custom built 48" left-hand circular and 52" Bellsaw right-hand circular mills, Jonsered 2171, Stihl 084, and too many other chainsaws. John Deere 3020 and Oliver 1800 with FELs. 20" 4-sided planer and misc.

peterduncan

SeaBass

2006 Hud-son Oscar 30 with vanguard 16hp. Very nice toy!

TreeBones

95 LT40HD25 Great Mill

cilley

2007 hudson 36 manual farmboss......21hp v twin........does the job and more.....thanks to all the people that post here.........you guys are great !!!!!!!!!!         thanks ....aj

Tim/South

WM LT40 manual
Morgan Edger
A Hawk 3 in 1 planer

And a lot of learning to do.

Meadows Miller

GDAY Everyone
this is some of the equipment I own.
18000 lb payload 79 mod Inter ACCO Truck with 24' Tray
Chamberlain 80hp tractor with loader frame with 4000 lb lift cap 3pl and pto
Flat top 44" circular sawmill dad and I built when I was 18 pto powerd Production is from 1500 bft 3 m3 to 6000 bft 14 m3 depends what Im cutting.
chainsaw sawmill with 48" bar 3120 husky powerd
350 375 359 3120 husky chainsaws 2095 jonsered chainsaw
Farmi 3pl logging winch
(Had a Bandsaw Mill that Dad and I went  50/50 in when I was 15 ) But someone else
must have liked it more than Me it got stolen from a contract job in 2000 . 1st time it had been locked up in a yard in its life.

The New/Old Toys Under rebuild now 8)

Meadows delux 2# three knee manual carrage olny with 36" by 4" meadows delux edger with a brand new mellot 4a turner . this the mill my grandfather and farther imported to australia in 1984 then updated to a auto carrage in 86  and swaped  the carrage and the new turner for a S/H ring debarker The dealer never got the mill built
and I picked them up $1000 last year (a good price I think  seen as its only done 2 years work )  I am building the Husk and Ways at he moment .The edger is another story Its done 20yrs hard work @ 20000 bft per shift its about F#*kd     (Rough Operators) no maint so Im stripping it down to the frame and putting all new parts on it .
Log deck
8' X 22' Spiral roll outfeed
30' X 16' green chain
6 71 GM POWERPLANT .

Also if ANY CIRCULAR SAWYERS out there with imformation or pics on how to set up the carrage and edger to run of the one powerplant . I have a plan in my head but want to see how others  have done it (Needs to be safe tho Work Covers a killer over here).

Thanks for reading this .
Meadows Miller / Chris McMahon
4TH Generation Timbergetter

backwoods sawyer

Woodmizer LT-70 prototype.

Kind of a half breed, LT-40 chassis with LT-70 head and log turner, hydraulic debarker, 42 hp Kubota.
I am running the Accuset 2 with the C.03 upgrade.
Backwoods Custom Milling Inc.
100% portable. . Oregons largest portable sawmill service, serving all of Oregon, from our Backwoods to yours..sawing since 1991

crtreedude

Okay, our inventory was 1 Baker 18M and an Alaskan with an 090 AV, just completed the order to add the following to the stable with Baker.

2 18M saws
1 9HP Buddy
3 5 HP Buddy

And sharpener and a few blades  ::)

Just signed a contract to process an old neglected teak plantation, almost 30 acres. Sixteen years old. The wood ranges between 7 inches to 15 inches in diameter.

Almost 10,000 trees I figure. This is probably not enough, but at least it gets us going.
So, how did I end up here anyway?

Dave Shepard

backwoods, I just did the C.03 upgrade yesterday, I noticed that when changing settings, it goes up and down about four times faster. 8) 8) 8) Don't know what else it does though. :D

Dave

Thank You Sponsors!