iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I heard there was a hot tub over here.

Started by Tom, November 03, 2002, 04:27:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

It must be hidden behind something, no doors or windows that I can see.

Tillaway

DanG... no tub... and I brought all this beer... what to do.... what to do? ;D
Making Tillamook Bay safe for bait; one salmon at a time.

Paul_H

Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Tom

Hey, that looks like RonW's hot tub.  I'll bet we could have a good time here now; I don't see him around anywhere.

Still got the Beverages, Tillaway?  We need some snacks.  Got any suggestions.? ;D

Paul_H

Tom

Ha! weve got a historian in our midst. :D

DanG

First time I've seen anyone plagiarize a seafood dinner. :D :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Tillaway

Making Tillamook Bay safe for bait; one salmon at a time.

Tom

Jeff

I'm goin on a beer run. Ya'll need anything while I'm out?
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Corley5

Hey Jeff what about a Virtual Reality hook up?  Then we could all think we really enjoying shrimp, the hot tub and beer.  As long as you're running grab me some Bloody Mary mix and a pint of Absolute.  Make it fifth if anybody else wants one or two or more ;D :D
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

CHARLIE

Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Paul_H

That ought to get you bugle-ing Charlie. :D

Corley5

Slow Elk, must have CWD or Brainworm ;D :D ::)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

StPat

Speaking of hot tubs, I saw one at the Alaska State Fair that was wood fired, seems like that would make a good thing to have down by the creek for after a long day sawing. Anyone know of plans or info about making something like this? Great forum.
Patrick ???

ADfields

StPat, A big welcome from all the way around the world in Palmer Ak. ;D :D   Glad to see a fellow Alaskan on hear!! ::)

Now as for the tub you can get just the stove and heat whatever tub you want.   Or I can show you how to bild it if you can weld water tight, we can even bild it in my shop if you want.   I am a good welder but have been knon to have a leaking problum. :)    
Andy

Tom

Welome StPat,
We have solar powered hot tubs everywhere you look here in Fl., the creek, the pond, the water hose. ;D

StPat

QuoteStPat, A big welcome from all the way around the world in Palmer Ak. ;D :D   Glad to see a fellow Alaskan on hear!! ::)

Now as for the tub you can get just the stove and heat whatever tub you want.   Or I can show you how to bild it if you can weld water tight, we can even bild it in my shop if you want.   I am a good welder but have been knon to have a leaking problum. :)    
Andy
My son and I are trying to get a small operation started up the Glenn at Sutton. So far I spend the winter down south. Glad to hear from you, Palmer not that far from Sutton.
Patrick

Jeff

Wouldn't it be fair to say in Alaskan terms that Michigan is not that far from Florida? :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Tom

ADfields

Jeff, Michigan to Florida (your place to Tom's) would be like Fort Yukon Alaska to Ketchikan Alaska give or take 50 miles or so. ::)   The Palmer to Sutton kind of not that far is more like 17 miles or so and there is even a road. :o

StPat
Your down in the 48 in all the bad weather so we cant bild a hot tub? :P :-[ I was all set.   Well life will go on even without a hottub. :D   I dont know if Sutton is a good spot for a mill with the zerow groth stand the Mat-Su Borough has placed on the Sutton townsight, no new land sales and no new industrey type businesses thay say.   The big boom is Wasilla, Huston, Willow here in the Mat-Su and Glennallen is looking like a hot spot as well, dont know why thow.   Give me a shout when you get back up this way.
Andy

Don P

ADfields

So thats what thay do after Christmas and Santa gives them time off. :D :) ;D

Thay give it all away there as far as how it's made.   I gess thay know I cant weld water tight. ::)   Still working on that after 35 years of welding. :P ::)
Andy

L. Wakefield

So then... here is how a friend did an inexpensive hot tub.. he took a (new) section of drain pipe or sewer pipe (hey, I did say NEW  :'( )- the kind made of concrete- and then he planned where he wanted an inlet pipe and an outlet pipe- and he set it into a concrete or mortar base. Designed a drain into the base as well. I wasn't there when he built it, but the bottom had a cool water outlet, and the top had a hot water inlet- they were that small plastic water line- and he had a small gas heater supplying a small amount of heat to the circulating water, and convection moved it. I assume that the upper pipe was set into mortar as well, because it came in maybe a foot below the top. He had the whole thing set into a concrete floor, and he'd made a seat inside. They lined it with tile. (That part was a little problematic, cuz the tile would come off. It didn't like the hot water..) The diameter was maybe 3-4', and it was deep enough to sit on the seat and be almost up to your shoulders.

No, I can't post a pic because I don't live down there right now.  I'm not sure how clear my word picture is, but it is an alternative to metal working.

I was going to try it, but I never dedicated the time or the area- I finally got a spa-n-a-box. Cheap enough but eating me up in 110v heating. I want at least to convert to 220. That will happen 'sometime'.   lw
L. Wakefield, owner and operator of the beastly truck Heretik, that refuses to stay between the lines when parking

L. Wakefield

So here's a question.. Mike saw somewhere that during the big fishing tournaments in Minnesota  that they put hot tubs out on the ice as part of the ongoing activities. I dunno- guess they'd be wood-fired. It sounds interesting- anyone got any information or pictures??  lw
L. Wakefield, owner and operator of the beastly truck Heretik, that refuses to stay between the lines when parking

Thank You Sponsors!