iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Log Rite Fetching Arch

Started by 123maxbars, March 06, 2018, 01:23:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

123maxbars

I finally got to use my new Log Rite fetching arch yesterday. In this setting I used it to get logs up on on my trailer. I also used my portable winch as the power to move the arch. It worked pretty good and put the log up where I needed it to be. After I got the log on the trailer I pulled it straight with the winch to finish it off. Hope to use it in the woods soon. Lots of rain up here in TN. 

URBAN LOGGING, HOW TO HARVEST TIMBER WITHOUT BIG EXPENSIVE MACHINERY - YouTube
Sawyer/Woodworker/Timber Harvester
Woodmizer LT70 Super Wide, Nyle L53 and 200 kiln, too many other machines to list.
outofthewoods
Youtube page
Out of the

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I've seen so many times people winching a log onto a trailer and it gets hung on everything in it's path. The Logrite Arch was a cure for the problem......
......I was a witness.  :) Another good video.

I can see the rain clouds on the map right now, lots of water.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Brad_bb

Jeez that looks like a long bar on your chainsaw?  I use a 25" for everything on a 661.  
Instead of winching the arch up the trailer, try backing the arch using the 4 wheeler up the trailer.  At the end of this video you can see me do that a little.  I will also back up all the way on the trailer even when there's another log on there.  One tire of the arch will ride up, but that's ok.  Whatever it takes to get them on with the least work.
Collecting Osage - YouTube
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

123maxbars

Quote from: Brad_bb on March 06, 2018, 04:00:54 PM
Jeez that looks like a long bar on your chainsaw?  I use a 25" for everything on a 661.  
Instead of winching the arch up the trailer, try backing the arch using the 4 wheeler up the trailer.  At the end of this video you can see me do that a little.  I will also back up all the way on the trailer even when there's another log on there.  One tire of the arch will ride up, but that's ok.  Whatever it takes to get them on with the least work.
Collecting Osage - YouTube
That is how I do it when I use my ATV arch, 
I wanted to see if I could do it this way in case I was without my ATV arch.
I like the longer bar, keeps me from having to bend over so much and is a great workout also,
Sawyer/Woodworker/Timber Harvester
Woodmizer LT70 Super Wide, Nyle L53 and 200 kiln, too many other machines to list.
outofthewoods
Youtube page
Out of the

sublime68charger

great video and thanks for sharing.

also really like your youtube channel!

Resonator

"So don't be heavy, no lighten up." Good lyric for a fetching arch video! 
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

Thank You Sponsors!