iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Maxed out the Log Rite ATV Arch,

Started by 123maxbars, May 09, 2018, 06:45:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

123maxbars

I get most of my logs for my sawmill from tree guys and land owners, I rarely have to buy logs for now.

I got a call over the weekend from an arborist that took down a Black Walnut in a residential yard. This is where my ATV and Log arch really pay for themselves over and over again. However this walnut log was 7.5ft long, and 30in diam on the small end and the crotch at the top was 38in. 

This log was a beast for the log arch and filled out the entire arch. If this log had been 1in bigger I would have been chainsaw-milling it in place, 
Anyways I got it hope safely and not it awaits milling. Made a video showing the days work. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9Us3Y9M_do
Sawyer/Woodworker/Timber Harvester
Woodmizer LT70 Super Wide, Nyle L53 and 200 kiln, too many other machines to list.
outofthewoods
Youtube page
Out of the

firefighter ontheside

Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

KirkD

Wood-mizer LT40HD-G24 Year 1989

samandothers

Nice!  Might consider a blanket on the cable went pulling or wear your bug eyes!

sublime68charger

great work and nice video as well!

Andries

Great video. You're doing the folks at Logrite a good service, as a product showcase.
Have you considered a log loader at the end of your trailer?
A good number of Sawyers have built them similar to TomtheSawyer's trailer.
You could use the atv/arch to bring logs to the trailer, load 'em up, roll them to one side and park your atv next to them.
Great quality video btw.
Please keep them coming!
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

DDW_OR

Quote from: samandothers on May 09, 2018, 08:05:56 PM
Nice!  Might consider a blanket on the cable went pulling or wear your bug eyes!
good advice.
the blanket will absorb some of the force  if  when the cable brakes
"let the machines do the work"

Crusarius

truck floor mats work very well for cable slowing.

YellowHammer

YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

scully

Wow ! Brings back memory's ! I had the exact same situation with a big walnut and a log-rite arch ! Only thing I did different was I towed it home behind my truck . it was about 12 miles .  I had to keep it around 25mph or things got a little scary .
I bleed orange  .

Roxie

Say when

Ljohnsaw

Quote from: DDW_OR on May 10, 2018, 12:42:26 PM
Quote from: samandothers on May 09, 2018, 08:05:56 PM
good advice.
the blanket will absorb some of the force if when the cable brakes
Nice log and great video.  I noticed that you wrapped the cable around the front rail of your trailer and hooked it back to the cable.  That is really bad for the cable and will cause it to pop some strands.  You should have a hook point on the trailer or use a section of chain to make a loop to attach your big hook.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Weekend_Sawyer

I always enjoy your videos.
It's nice to see all those blue tools in use too!
Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Thank You Sponsors!