iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My Log Rite ATV Arch getting a workout (Video)

Started by 123maxbars, March 11, 2017, 09:22:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

123maxbars

I harvested a nice black walnut tree yesterday. This makes the 5th walnut tree I have gotten free in the past two weeks. This one was on my neighbors property in a hard to get to location. My skidsteer would not be able to get to them without tipping I thought. I pulled out my Log-Rite ATV arch for this application. Due to the amount of rocks and old stumps it took some maneuvering but I was able to get the first log out without incident. I will go back Monday and get out the last three logs. I filmed this process as usual. Thought you guys would enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8m-8VJZmxKc
Sawyer/Woodworker/Timber Harvester
Woodmizer LT70 Super Wide, Nyle L53 and 200 kiln, too many other machines to list.
outofthewoods
Youtube page
Out of the

Drivadesl

Well done! Nice job on the takedown, removal, and video production. Impressed by the camera angles.

What size ATV are you using and what weight do you estimate on the log?  That should bring in decent coin I would think once you're done with it.

Thanks for posting!

123maxbars

Quote from: Drivadesl on March 11, 2017, 11:58:24 AM
Well done! Nice job on the takedown, removal, and video production. Impressed by the camera angles.

What size ATV are you using and what weight do you estimate on the log?  That should bring in decent coin I would think once you're done with it.

Thanks for posting!

Thanks, the log by my calculator (norwood Iphone App) wighed in around 1100lbs. I cant remembe the size of my Honda, its a beast that will pull most logs that I put behind it. Although 99% of the time I use my bobcat for this operation.  Still a lot of fun to use when I get a log in a location that the bobcat fears!
Woodmizer LT70 Super Wide, Nyle L53 and 200 kiln, too many other machines to list.
outofthewoods
Youtube page
Out of the

Chuck White

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

samandothers

AK Newbie

LT28, Logosol M7, Husky 385XP, Stihl MS 250, Echo

scully

I have used my buddies Log-Rite arch in the past , I gotta say they are slick !  One time I took down a 32" walnut about 10 miles from home . The but log was around 7-0 ,I hauled it home with the Log-Rite arch behind my truck LOL . Yes it was sketchie but I got that thing home !  The arch didn't seem to mind none .
I bleed orange  .

sublime68charger

great video thanks for taking the time to put that together and sharing it with the forum!

123maxbars

I appreciate the feedback on the video.   As soon as this weather improves I am going to get the rest of that tree out of the woods. The videos are a lot of work but fun to make in the end. 
outofthewoods
Youtube page
Out of the

Thank You Sponsors!