iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

modified saws

Started by tony_marks, January 21, 2005, 03:39:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tony_marks

a well modified saw.. is just gonna kick back twice as fast..
  wear you chaps boys ..in regular work situations,these saws need to be operated with the realization that they have a substantial amt more power than when stock..had one give me a nice little reminder yesterday..first time ive had a kick back get to me in a long time..
 so enjoy your modified saws ,but be careful..
   i may add.. you fellas that soup these things up..
 id get a written release of liability,and a statement from the saw owner, that they understand the saw has more power,and they take full responcibility for operation accidents etc..
   you never know  when you gonna run into one of these people who is looking to blame ,,instead of taking responcibility for there own ineptnes  or stupidity..not gettin in to you buisiness.. dan an dave have given me saws like i never owned before..im very tickled ,with all three of my saws..
 but boys wear u chaps an use exstra vigilance with modified saws, on the job..most of all ,just have fun lol ..jmo

redpowerd

thats a good reminder, tony.

remember a thread 'look what kickback can do' ?
last year sometime. this dude was pretty mangled across his left shoulder, neck, and head. and still alive. its pretty graphic, but a chilling reminder. like to find that picture again and show my friends that cut wood with me daily.

ive been extra careful learning this new woods saw, very powerful and fast! a big jump from a stock 036. allways think before using the top of the bar!
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD
northern adirondak yankee farmer

Larry

Tony how right you are.  Sorta makes me mad when a new guy asks what kind of saw they need to cut firewood and somebody recommends a saw in the 70cc range.

Wear your chaps and hardhats boys and have fun.
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

jokers

Tony,

Glad to hear that you made it through OK.

Russ

tony_marks

thanks russ.. i thot about you an that 026 you mentioned, when i posted this..
  lite as it is ,and with that kinda power.. you better jus try an turn it loose .. or you mite end up the next county over.. :)

Thank You Sponsors!