iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Have you ever?

Started by Maine logger88, February 15, 2014, 04:43:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maine logger88

Had some idiot drive a all wheel drive Volvo down your twitch road get stuck in the bottom of a fairly steep hill and call you to come pull them out with your skidder? Here's a pic of a good friend of mine and the idiots cousin pulling out the car with my 540.

79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

Mainelogging94

Pretty funny how a machine that size can pull that car around like a tin can!

Maine logger88

Quote from: Mainelogging94 on February 15, 2014, 04:56:51 PM
Pretty funny how a machine that size can pull that car around like a tin can!
Yep its a good thing it was you who went and did it and not me I would have been tempted to suck it right up into the arch and drag it all the way to there yard haha

Tree Killer

Ive had to pull people out of ditches on my haul road , usually on a saturday morning. Had to pull one guy backwards up a hill pretty deep ditch the ditch bank caught his bumper and ripped it off  lol he and his lady friend had been there all nite.... 

Maine logger88

Yeh this was on my twitch road I wouldn't even drive my 4x4 pickup where he was haha

thecfarm

I MIGHT try it with an old 4 wheel truck. I said MIGHT. But I would have to know ya quite well to try that great idea too. Lucky he did rip something off under it. Last time I check those Volvo don't have a lot of ground clearance.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

luvmexfood

Quote from: Tree Killer on February 15, 2014, 05:12:31 PM
Ive had to pull people out of ditches on my haul road , usually on a saturday morning. Had to pull one guy backwards up a hill pretty deep ditch the ditch bank caught his bumper and ripped it off  lol he and his lady friend had been there all nite....

Bet they had been looking for Romeo as an old girlfriends dad used to say.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

nhlogga

Did their gps tell them to drive out there?

Jonsered 2260
Husky 562xp

JoeB

Gotta' be worth $100. bill as in cash!

Maine logger88

cfarm yeh an old 4x4 that you didn't care about probably wouldn't be bad and I don't know how bad it was underneath but there still driving so must be fine it the tail light was broke and the door got a big dent in it from the tree at the bottom he slid into on his way down. nh I have had a GPS tell me to go places like that hahaha! Joe if I was smarter I would charge for it 

47sawdust

Trail groomer's here in Vermont have come across folks whose Gps device has given them bad info.Needless to say they weren't impressed and told them to use their AAA card
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

ryguy777

this makes me feel pretty silly... me and my buddy were driving around on some state land along a lake we were fishing. up this really steep bank there was a road that we figured was just a part of the state land, and we wanted to know if his little Saturn car could make it up. well that car was a little billy goat and sure enough at the top a guy was loading logs onto his forwarder... we were pretty embarrassed about that and tried turning around right there before going any further... the guy loading logs didn't seem to be mad about it cause he waved us to come up further to turn around. didn't get stuck at all... if anyone wants a billy goat of a little car, saturns do pretty good haha

thecfarm

Felt silly,but you did not have to bother someone to pull you out!!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Southside

Came back one time and found vehicle tracks going down the trail around the skidder.  Noticed things were moved around the cab, started it up and headed in. About 1/4 mile in I found a Ford Bronco sideways in the trail, beer bottles strewn around the cab, so I dug around and found the registration.  Called the owner thinking it was stolen and he would like to know where it was, answer I got was - "My girlfriend got stuck down there looking to see where it went, they tried to start the machine but could not get it to run"  So now I am peeved, make arrangements to meet the guy in the morning to get his truck out as I told him he will not be able to get around the skidder.  The next morning I see more tracks that go around the skidder and the door and side panel are smashed in.  So now I am livid, and I drive in not knowing what I was going to find.  Truck was gone, so I call the owner again, and he tells me they came in with a wrecker and on the way out the wrecker boom "may have scratched your machine, but it was only a skidder."  I would have rolled his truck with the blade if it had been there.  If it ever happens again I will plow a moat around the stuck vehicle and leave it there. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Maine logger88

Quote from: thecfarm on February 15, 2014, 08:37:06 PM
Felt silly,but you did not have to bother someone to pull you out!!!
X2 or block there only twitch trail of course I wasn't working but I very easily could of been

Maine logger88

Southside did you send that sonofa##### a bill for damages?

sawguy21

::) Definitely difficult to fix stupid. Used to see similar situations around our logging sites, funniest was finding them with equipment they didn't own. Was four wheeling with some buds and found a couple of guys with a very stuck truck in a mud hole, no radio, no winch, nada. We pulled them out, they backed up and took another run at it. We gave the boneheads some water left them where they were and notified the authorities.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

stamper

A bad set of directions given out for a weekend party sent a few extra people to my landing one Saturday
If you don't run, you rust.
-Tom Petty

thenorthman

There is a walking trail that goes down to a river near my house... someone decided their 4x4 yota wouldn't have any trouble getting out of there...

They knocked on my door to see if the skidder could get them out, had to tag out to get them with 100' of winch line and a snatch block and still had to pull them up the next few hills, in all about 500' of winching em out, still the steepest mess I've had the skidder on...

Managed to tear his front drive line out, bend a wheel, almost tore the axle off... caved in a door, and they still payed me for it!
well that didn't work

treeslayer2003

yup, landowners. a few different ones. I just glad they called me instead of foolin with my skidder.

Southside

Maine,  I did, he blew me off for a while, until he got a visit from the State Police, suddenly he paid up. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Maine logger88

Good I can't stand people who mess with someones equipment and there livelyhood

treechopper40

I went to the woods one morning I was working on a big piece of state land with dirt roads and skid trails everywhere on my way into the job I seen skidder tracks going down the dirt road I thought must be another jobber is moving in to cut a job nope the tracks lead rate to my header and my skidder was gone so down the road I go following the tracks I found my skidder stuck in a swamp still running and nobody around when I got on the skidder I found a wallet beside the seat turns out it was one of the teachers kids from the school here in town I winched the skidder out took it back to my header walked back to my pick up needless to say by this time I was ready to kill and my morning was shot so I go to the school to see the kid and his dad I go into his classroom and tell him id like to speek with him and his son he tells me he doesn't have time I need to leave and come back with a scheduled appointment very rudely thinking I was there as a parent he was sitting at his desk I grabbed him by the tie and stood him up and showed him his kids wallet I told him you got 5 minutes to meet me in the parking lot with your son or when I come back it will be with the state troopers I went to my truck and waited pretty soon they both come out the kid tried to say he didn't do it I told him I found your wallet in my cab the kid was speechless I told him that he cost me about $700 in lost time and that I wanted to be paid or else I would press charges well his dad wrote me a check and I took the rest of the day off to cool down now when I see him or his dad they wont even look at me
1979 c5d treefarmer 1966 c5b treefarmer prentice g model loader 2 6100 dolmars a 6400 dolmar and a 7910 dolmar 2012 ford f 250 4x4 with a service body and 2 golden retreivers

roger 4400

Those Volvo are real strong awd, never thought they could pull a stucked skidder.... :D :D
Baker 18hd sawmill, massey Ferguson 1643, Farmi winch, mini forwarder, Honda foreman 400, f-250, many wood working tools, 200 acres wooden lots,6 kids and a lovely and a comprehensive wife...and now a Metavic 1150 m14 log loader so my tractor is a forwarder now

repmma

When I was about 13 or 14 a warden got stuck in our driveway which was at the end of a 1.7 mile long discontinued town road.  Dad offered him a tow out with our 1947 Marmon Herrington plow truck.  Sounded good to the warden until dad told me to hop in the truck and get the warden out of the driveway.  "He's not going to drive the truck is he!?"  "Only if you want a tow otherwise well go back inside where its warm" was my dads response.  I think he even took the guys $20.  He doesn't really care much for wardens needless to say.
Thomas 8020, Timberjack 225C, Ford 5030 with Norse 450 winch, stihl saws and 142 acres to manage.

SliverPicker

Around here if a Volvo got stuck on my skid road I wouldn't tow him for $1000.  There's a ton of those Volvo, BMW and Mercedes drivers here.  If you tow them and there's damage to their vehicle it's the skidder guy who is going to pay.  I'd tell them to call a wrecker.  Not nice folks.
Yooper by trade.

xalexjx

got a call the other night an older gentleman came up from the city and decided to take his side x side back on a private road snowmobiles had been riding on. He was about 2 miles from where it was plowed where he got off the packed trail and got stuck, he tried getting out but ended up burning up his tranny. Paid me to move the skidder (15 miles) and for 2 hours withe the skidder. Just to get it to the plowed road he has 500 bucks into it before he even fixes it. Probably regretting his afternoon ride.
Logging and Processed Firewood

Thank You Sponsors!