iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hydraulics on forwarder hesitation

Started by luebkesan, October 02, 2015, 11:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luebkesan

I am using an Iron Mule 4510 forwarder.  The loader hesitates when I am swinging the main boom left or right, or when I bring the dipper arm in.  By "hesitates" I mean it will move, stop for a second, then move again.  It's especially frustrating when I'm loading small pieces.  I don't have a bypass bucket so I have to balance small pieces in the bucket.  When the loader hesitates and starts moving again, the bucket will jerk causing me to lose my load.

beenthere

Welcome to the Forestry Forum.

Sounds like your hydraulics are hooked up wrong, or that the pressure is being diverted to some other cylinder and doesn't divert back until after the other one has reached a limit.  Hard to explain and also may not be the problem.

Get a pressure gauge or two hooked up to see what your pressures are and when.

Frustrating to have that happen.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

North River Energy

Never been into an Iron Mule. 
However, what you describe sounds similar in some ways to a backhoe problem I ran into.  With the boom up, the dipper would always pause on crowding when hanging vertical, whether or not it was 'loaded' so to speak.
Turns out the suction screen in the tank was completely plugged, so the pump was maybe pushing 1/4 rated flow.

Incidentally, the pressures were all to spec.

lopet

Seems a little odd, but I don't think it's a pressure issue as it jerks.  I would focus on the oil supply too.

That's quite a land fill in your oil tank NRE. The one on my C5 looked about the same. Dirt, leaves, shop rags and even a glove .
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

Jhenderson

Do you know what the system pressures are supposed to be? Is the system open or closed center?  I have specs for a 5110. They are 2250 system and 1700 on th main lift. Does it have full pressure and flow on the main stick? I'm more familiar with later models but if you get some basic info I'll try to help.

Thank You Sponsors!