Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Forest Products Industry Insurance

Norwood Industries Inc.

Sawmill & Woodlot Magazine

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money! sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Sawmill Exchange

BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Woodshax Outdoor Vending Solutions

Council Tool

Baker Products

Author Topic: Which new used vehicle????  (Read 867 times)

Offline Dakota

• Swing'en in South Dakota
    • Share Post
Re: Which new used vehicle????
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2018, 08:40:51 AM »
We've had a Honda CRV since 2010.  Great car. Zero issues.
Dave Rinker

Offline gspren

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2018, 09:13:07 AM »
  We've had good luck with Subarus but they are not as rugged as the 4Runner you are replacing but neither are the others, mostly uni-bodys while the 4Runner is/was body on frame, depends on how rugged you want. In December of 16 we got our first Toyota, a 2014 FJ Cruiser, built like a 4Runner only shorter. We really like it but they don't go cheap and usually don't get over 18 MPG.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, JD 2355 4X4 w/fel, JD 620, Yamaha Kodiak 400 & trailer, Kubota 400 RTV,  P&M OWB, 75 acres to play.

Offline Larry

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2018, 04:43:26 PM »
In 07 wife wanted a new car.  Her choice was a RAV4 or a CRV.  They had similar price tags and equipment.  She asked for my opinion and I thought the CRV had a bit more room in the back seat and overall slightly more comfortable.  That swayed her and she went for the CRV.  Actually a coin toss would have been just as good as my opinion.

130,000 miles now and a set of front brakes, eight new tires, and one battery.  Still in good condition and everything works as it should.

Nine out of ten trees recommend wood for your building project.

Offline sprucebunny

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2018, 05:20:15 PM »
I have to admit it ... when my RAV (2WD summer mileage-getter) died, I bought a '07 CRV to replace it and my '99 4runner (don't want salt on 4runner). It's just OK in the 6k miles I've had it but no serious problems. Whole different animal having AWD vs a lever and real 4WD.

But 'catalina' is looking at a newer vehicle, I think and I can't speak for any newish stuff.
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Offline catalina

• Its a dogs Life!
    • Share Post
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2018, 03:24:50 PM »
Thanks all for the info-Yeah I have had great service out of the toyotas I have had but they all have had bullseyes on them with me in them, lol. I got 267,000 out of my 95 Tacoma-got rear-ended twice once at 65k, repaired and drove till the second rear-ending at 267,000-that one totaled it. My second toyota was a 2007 tacoma-deer sideswiped me at 45k-fixed, sitting still making a left had turn car pulled out into oncoming traffic and got shoved into my front end at 82k-fixed, and at 167k sitting dead still waiting on light to change less than 300 yards from same intersection where my front end was smashed I got rear-ended by a 15yr old kid running 40 mph-that one did the tacoma in. We were in the process of financing a new home build so I replaced that with a used 4-runner and 2yrs-3months to the day I bought it  (Last Thursday) we had a servere ice storm in which i tried to take the top off of a 20 plus inch high oak tree stump along the road in a downhill turn-that rattled my teeth - killed the 4runner at 162k. Note to others----be careful if you ever come to Morgantown WV AND no matter how good the tires are a 4wd or an AWD can loose control even at 25-30mph if the conditions are right. Drove each of the vehicles I was asking about this weekend including a couple others and really kinda liked the feel of the Rogue and the CR-V. Really would like to HAVE another Tacoma but the NEED is probably best filled by one of the ones mentioned, lol.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

New vehicle or not? When do you decide to call it quits and junk your vehicle?

Started by Piston on General Board

42 Replies
Last post October 06, 2012, 03:23:12 PM
by Okrafarmer
vehicle ?

Started by sandhills on General Board

3 Replies
Last post March 17, 2016, 09:56:39 PM
by gww
Woods vehicle

Started by Engineer on General Board

31 Replies