iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Forestry Forum Profile update and Roll Call!

Started by Jeff, February 10, 2018, 02:31:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

I have our new Forestry Forum profiles ready to roll. There have been a lot of changes and additions. PLEASE! Go to your profile, select modify profile, fill out the information you would like to share, the more the better, save it, then come back here and let us know you havem so we can check it out. Or, you can go via this handy dandy link:

HANDY DANDY LINK

Remember for your peace of mind, guests, or members without any posts have zero permission to view other members profiles. You need to have posted a set number of times in order to interact with other members.  Once a post is made, we then have information enough to take action if that person is up to no good.

1. Many more fields you can fill out (optional) that will then be searchable by other posting members on the members search form. If You want to know who all has a bandmill, you can go to the member search page, put a tick in the sawmill type field and search bandmill. Any member that chooses to fill that out, then can be found. Same workd with the other new fields.
These Are:
Equipment:
Searchable Location:
Day Job:
Sawmill Type:
Sawmill Manufacture and model:
Interests or Hobbies:

2. You can enable an About tab where you can attach photos or link, or what ever you wish to include. That is done under the modify profile tab, separately from the normal modify info.

3. You can now see the last few members who have visited your profile.  :)

4. You can add friends or remove friends easily and see a friends list. What use to be buddies in the old system is now friends. A friend can post a message on your new "wall" that only other friends can see or take part in. Your friends will also show up in the on-line list in bold so you can see that they are there easily.

Members can send friend requests to others, this can be done easily with the big big buttons you will see. Each member is free to reject a request or accept it, the member that sent the request can also cancelled if he wants to undo it.

5. The new profile is sorted by tabs, for easy access to information without loading another page. You can view latest posts or topics of that member within the profile, without changing pages.

6. Wall of Comments.

Much like on Facebook! members will be able to comment in profiles, and they can also reply to comments too! Everything is ajax-powered so actions like publishing, editing and removing are done instantly, without having to wait for pages to be reloaded! You can also use the new alert system to be notified about everything easier :)

Thats all I can think of right now! 

I have mine filled out as an example. LINK

ADDITIONAL COMMENT!
If you have information in your old biography, please enable the about me tab under modify profile, and copy and paste it into there. Eventually, the biography filed will go away as it will be redundant. OR, i could just leave it and let it be redundant
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

paul case

I did it boss.

I dont have some of the stuff you have blanks for but I put  somethin in where I do.

PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Jeff

I doubt anyone ever finds THAT in a search! :D  I;d not think to look for someone with a sawmill type and search chicken house. :)

Kwill

Built my own hydraulic splitter
Built my own outdoor wood stove
Built my own log arch
built my own bandsaw sawmill
Built my own atv log arch.
Built my own FEL grapple

SwampDonkey

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Magicman

I did mine and then "re-did" it twice.   ;D

Not very good English but that is what I did.   ::)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

51cub

I did mine, and even sent a couple friend requests
I believe in the hereafter, because every time I take two steps into the tool crib to get something I wonder " what did I come in here after"

If nothing else I'm always a good last resort or the guy to hold up as a bad example

paul case

Quote from: Jeff on February 10, 2018, 03:09:25 PM
I doubt anyone ever finds THAT in a search! :D  I;d not think to look for someone with a sawmill type and search chicken house. :)

I aint been found yet. Quit bustin my chops!

PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

WH_Conley

Bill

Chuck White

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

VictorH

Ljohnsaw

John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Josef

In my house I'm the boss, I know this because my wife said so, I only hope she doesn't change her mind!

New to me Timber Harvester that I'm learning to operate, been building a home built mill for a while, should be ready to make sawdust with it someday if I ever quit "modifying" the design.

clearcut

Did it. I am apparently not very social (media).

How is My Day Job (Biography) different from Day Job.
Carbon sequestered upon request.

LeeB

Updated and edited. Been needing to update for a while anyway. Added some stuff and deleted stuff I no longer have.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Sixacresand

Added and changed some things on my profile. 
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

isawlogs

A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

DPatton

TimberKing 1600, 30' gooseneck trailer, Chevy HD2500, Echo Chainsaw, 60" Logrite.

Work isn't so bad when you enjoy what your doing.
D & S Sawmill Services

Jeff

Quote from: clearcut on February 10, 2018, 09:01:14 PM
Did it. I am apparently not very social (media).

How is My Day Job (Biography) different from Day Job.

Biography is going away. I'm hoping people that have info in their biography, take time to enable the about me tab and  copy it into there.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Jeff

There are more to come.  We need to catch up with the internet so it does not pass us by.  Hopefully I am drawing near to finishing for a few years!  I do have to call a hired gun in to help with some needed coding I can not handle. I have to wait for some more discretionary funds to do so. Some of these additions have been third party software that I had to purchase, so I'm scraping bottom for a bit. :)

Jeff

One cool thing coming will be a cure for something that drives us admins nuts! (as well as members)  Long URL's that blow the forestry forum's format apart, especially now with the mobile responsiveness.   This coding will make things so nice.   You paste a link in the post box, and when you preview it, (or post it) the forum will have gone out to where that website is, check the link, record the title page of the page being linked to, and format your link so instead of the long address in your post, you will see only the title of the page as the link.  I've seen it in action and one of the coolest new things I have saw regarding forum posting. Just awesome the way it works.  That chunk of software alone is $50! But I'm getting it eventually!

Kbeitz

Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

69bronco

SwampDonkey

Your doing very good my friend, and most of us here (especially us lifers), know from your continued hard work over the years, "what it takes to run a forum".  :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!