iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

cinnamon bear

Started by Kbeitz, February 22, 2018, 08:06:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kbeitz

I got to see my first cinnamon bear last night. It was almost tan colored. I watched it for around 5 minuets before I knew what I was looking at. It was just to dark for pictures. Everyone in this area was talking all year about it but this was the first time I ever seen one. At first I thought I was looking at a horse that got away from someone.
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

WV Sawmiller

Glad you got a look at him. Next will be the pics. I never thought about them being on the east coast. I knew they were common out west and up in Canada and such. 

It is always neat to see any wildlife but especially when it is the rare and unusual ones. 
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

thecfarm

Yea,like a white raccoon.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

starmac

I have seen young cinnimon colored grizzly bears, but I do not know if they lose the color as they age or not. I have seen lighter colored grown ones, but not a true cinnimon colored one.

My wifes grandad killed a black bear in about 76, he was on his death bed when the taxidermist called and informed them the hide had come back from the tannery. I went and picked it up and he tried to buy it, the hair was a silver color when you rubbed it and exposed the under side of the hair. He claimed it was somewhat rare.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

Thank You Sponsors!