iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A very sad day

Started by barbender, May 21, 2018, 07:52:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barbender

I introduced Oscar the Bugg (Boston Terrier/Pug cross) puppy to the forum back in 2014. He stole our hearts and really became a part of the family. A little later his brother Walter joined the family as well, together "the boys" were quite a pair, with Walt being a bit more hyper, where Oscar was more of a lover. He loved to sneak up to our bedroom in the morning if I slept in and jump in bed with me, he would walk carefully so his nails wouldn't touch the wooden stair treads and click- otherwise my wife would hear him and make him get downstairs😊 Well, we had an accident yesterday, I ran Oscar over with my pickup, he's gone and I'm just devastated. I forgot how attached I get to my animals. I can't get the little guy off of my mind so I thought I'd come on here and write about him- I know there's lots of dog people on here that would understand. Thanks for listening.

Too many irons in the fire

DanG

It makes me sad to read about that.  I understand how you must feel. I guess because I've lost so many dogs over the years, I no longer let myself get too attached to them. Every now and then though, one comes along that I just can't help myself. It is heartbreaking when something happens to one of them.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Bruno of NH

Sorry for your loss.
I get very attached to my dogs no matter what happens in the day they alway greet you with love.
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

WDH

This is really sad news.  I know that it is rough for you. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

WV Sawmiller

Sorry to hear about your loss. Dogs sure can weasel their way into your hearts.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Southside

Bartender, I am truly sorry to hear about Oscar, keep the good memories and he will always remain in your heart. I have two Bassett Hounds that are my kids so I understand where you are. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

thecfarm

That is sad to hear. :'( 
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I watched my dad run over his birddog once and the rascal lived to bark about it.
I couldn't believe it!
I've lost dogs from mostly cars on our busy highway.....its not easy losing a pet.
They are family, they give way more love than you give them.
Praying for ya Bar.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

nilpuk

My heart goes out to you, I bring my Cali dog to work with me everyday. She is such a big part of my life so I can only imagine your grief.  I wish you happier thoughts and memories spent with Oscar!
A dear old friend once said,
"If it doesn't make good lumber, it will always make
good smoke"

woodmaker

I am very sorry for your loss. My animals are my kids,and when they meet you at the door at night,it always makes the day better. Remember the good times.
franklin q80,builtrite 40,husky 372,sachs dolmar 123, dozers,excavators,loaders,tri-axle dump trucks ,autocar tractor with dump,flatbed and detachable trailers, and 8  f350 diesels

Sixacresand

Sorry for your lose.   Roads are dog magnets for some reason.  It was sad day for me to have to pen them up, but the latest batch of dogs just can't stay out of the road.
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Woodcutter_Mo

Sorry to hear of your loss. I think alot of us here understand that very well. I've lost a few dogs through the years and it is certainly tough no doubt. They certainly do have a way of getting to our hearts. 
-WoodMizer LT25
-592XP full wrap, 372XP, 550XP, 455 Rancher, RedMax GZ3500T
-Fixer-uppers/projects:
024AV, MS260, MS361, MS460, Shindaiwa 488, 394XPG

barbender

Thank you, everyone, for your kind words. 

Roxie

So very sorry to hear of such a loss for you and your family. 
Say when

Chuck White

To lose a pet that's been so close to you is always a hard pull on one's heart strings!

So sorry for your loss!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

mike_belben

My neighbors free range dog that was a fixture in my life, ran in front of my F350 and had to be put down way back when.  

It was a terrible, terrible miserable stomach turning heart hurting feeling and i wished and wished i could unwind the clock but it never happened.  Time does heal all wounds though, be sure to forgive yourself.  Thats the hard part.  Im sorry man. Hang in there.  The dog loved ya, accident or not.  Be glad for that blessing.  The image is gonna pop up in your mind now and then for a long time and make you feel guilty all over, but an accident is an accident.  We never know when the lord lets us run over our dog but spares us from running over our daughter. Its how i deal with it anyway.
Praise The Lord

Jeff

That's really tough. Hope you find a way to forgive yourself as you should know Oscar already has. That's the way with dogs. Unconditional love, that's why we get so attached.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

BradMarks

Barbender:  I feel your pain also.  I lost Bailey (our CEO) 1 month ago, backed over by a vehicle here at my business.  She was (is) a sweetheart. I had pretty puffy eyes for a few days, didn't sleep the best. I tell my granddaughter she is in doggy heaven playing with Zoro. Last friend I lost was the same thing, the doggone four legged critters are family. Well my daughter has a knack for finding dogs in need of better homes, and we now have (for 6 days now) an eight month old border collie mix that is adorable. Sonny had been inside way too much, on a leash outside, poor muscle development. His first day in our backyard he ran around and bucked like a bronco kicking out his legs.  It was a joy to watch.  What I am saying is... It gets a lot better with another friend around.  Brad.

barbender

Thanks you guys, you all warm my heart and that'a why I wrote about it here. I know Oscar doesn't hold it against me, he was too sweet of a little guy to hold a grudge. And I do replay it in my mind, and it is painful. But it's getting better, it's easier for me to think of good times the farther we get from the tragedy. I'm sure I'll find more dogs to love on, and maybe one to come home. That always helps. Thanks again, everyone.

Sixacresand

We just left a young cat at the vet diagnosed with liver and kidney problems.  To be hooked up to IV's to flush out possible poison or antifreeze.   Praying it will survive, but expect to "get the Call" most anytime.  
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

petefrom bearswamp

So sorry for your loss
Pets are very difficult to lose
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Corley5

I'm so sorry :( :(  A very similar thing happened to us not too long ago.  I ran over Spike, our Chihuahua, in the yard and killed him :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(.  It was a tough time for few days.  It still makes me tear up :(  I was telling a friend the story a few days after the incident and he pointed out that at least it wasn't one of my boys that was the victim :-\ :)   I found a rescue dog on line a few weeks later.  She's Suzie the Chiweenie and she's a really good dog too. 
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

WDH

I lost Miss Scarlet 10 years ago.  Still have not gotten over it.  She is still with me as my avatar, and she will always be. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

crowhill

Sorry about the loss of your little one. We do get attached to our "pets" and when they're gone it leaves a void. We lost our Lab/German Shepard mix in January, took her to the vet, they were going to do some tests, a few hours later she was gone. Still expect her to greet us when we walk into the house.
TimberKing B-20, Kubota M-4900 w/FEL with tooth bar, hyd thumb and forks, Farmi winch, 4 chain saws.

Sixacresand

Ole Sparkie, our cat, has been at the vet since Tuesday.  They are attempting to flush out poison or antifreeze that might have caused kidney and liver problems. Maybe we will get to pick him up today.  

Thank You Sponsors!