iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

DanG's Birthday

Started by Tom, September 03, 2002, 08:42:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

Happy Birthday DanG....DanG, 56?  Your catching up. ;D

CHARLIE

Well DanG, DanG you're gitt'n old!  Happy birthday!
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Frank_Pender

DanG nice to have more of us above the double nickle mark. 8) 8) 8) 8)  And many more to follow for Thee, Dan. :)
Frank Pender

DanG

Aww, gee! Thanks Fellers.
I feel about 96 tonight, after the day I've had.  Got off to a rip-roaring start, when my truck overheated on the way to work, and things went down-hill from there.  Left the truck at a truck stop(appropriate term, huh?) and had someone pick me up. Found a WHACK of tasks awaiting me.  Didn't get off till after 7, loaded tools and test gear in Company truck to find and fix problem tomorrow. SHEESH!

If this is what getting older is all about, I think I'll just opt to get younger. :-/
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Corley5

Happy B-Day DanG!!! 8) 8)  
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

L. Wakefield

QuoteAww, gee! Thanks Fellers.
I feel about 96 tonight, after the day I've had.  Got off to a rip-roaring start, when my truck overheated on the way to work, and things went down-hill from there.  Left the truck at a truck stop(appropriate term, huh?) and had someone pick me up. Found a WHACK of tasks awaiting me.  Didn't get off till after 7, loaded tools and test gear in Company truck to find and fix problem tomorrow. SHEESH!

DanG! Is this the curse of the forestry forum? My birthday was the 5th (I'm now 51- working on the 2nd half-century..)- and it was automotive h***.

Started out with the 'check engine' light going on about halfway to work. Cussed thing talked me out of half a can of oil and some coolant, and off we went again- only to have it act insane about another 5 miles down the road.

'Air bag' light flashing on and off constantly, 'check engine' coming on, engine making a weird wailing noise that changed pitch every time I touched the brakes. Then she just went DEAD in the middle of the road before a very busy intersection. No cell phone. Rich folks' houses all around and none of them home. So I set the flashers to feebly working and went on down about 1/8 mile to the first live person and open building- called AAA- called work and said I'd be late- went back and directed traffic for 30 minutes- was passed by a cop that didn't stop- and got a jump from the AAA guy. Off I went again.

Got to the parking lot and she went berserk and died again as soon as I put it in reverse and coasted into a spot.

So I liked the portable power pak the AAA guy had had- called up NAPA and they delivered one- I charged it up at work, had security ready to jump me again but she started (why?..)- and made it about 10 blocks in bumper to bumper fore she died again.. 3 jumps later still no progress and it was clear the alternator had burned a wire off- the one that charges the battery (why?..)

I was fortunate enough that a free-lance mechanic pulled up and ferried me around town after parts, got his tools, and set me straight for only $40 for labor.

By the time I was home I had a new battery, new alternator, and new power pack- all for my birthday- imagine that! Thanks be to Visa card..(I keep it paid up every month..) I was starting to wonder if I should just pick up a new car while I was at it..          ::)  lw
L. Wakefield, owner and operator of the beastly truck Heretik, that refuses to stay between the lines when parking

Frank_Pender

About that time, my father would have said, "Jack it up and run as new one under it."  Geee whillikers folks, sure are lots of b days in September.  Must have been some very cold Decembers in the East for a few years. ::) ;D 8) 8) 8)  It sure must of have been nice to get all those nice presents, LW.  

DanG, we have not heard from Dan G. on what is troubles were able get him for his birthday.   Whatcha get, Dan G.? :)
Frank Pender

DanG

Nadda!  Nuttin!   Squat!   Diddly!

At  least, not yet.   We ain't real big on birthdays in my outfit, so we pretty much ignore them.  I think I'm gonna splurge on a new pair of boots, when I get time to shop, though.  I'll get the safety toe jobbies, so the company will reimburse me. ;D  Also got another 5 percent added to my retirement check, when I decide to hang it up.  That  oughta get me an extra sixpack a month, or so. :-/

LW, I guess I came out a little better, financially, than you did with your vehicle delimna.  Mine turned out to be a ruptured by-pass hose, on the water pump. I robbed a bit of the slack in the heater hose to replace it, and got it back on the road on my lunch hour. Cost: $0.   ;D    All those years of driving CRAP, and doing roadside repairs, pays off from time to time.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

L. Wakefield

Yeah my man, I know just what you mean. I specialize in fixing my fences with baling twine and spit. (Ain't gonna tell ya how you use the spit tho- it's a special kinda drool and it's kind of a trade secret how you harden it up- don't wanna say TOO MUCH..)- I was tearing my hair out trying to figger out how to fix that burned off terminal on the alt'nator- no baling twine, no duck tape   ??? ???   lw
L. Wakefield, owner and operator of the beastly truck Heretik, that refuses to stay between the lines when parking

Thank You Sponsors!