iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

BBQ Recipe for Wild Game

Started by Bro. Noble, September 27, 2002, 06:52:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bro. Noble

This recipe came from and old cowboy named Leonard Wright who ranched in the New Mexico Mtns.   It is especially for wild game as it tames the wild flavor, but will work with beef just fine.  It might not seem so from the ingrediants, but it turns out a real tasty product.

1 quart grape juice
1/2 lb. oleo
juice of 4 lemons
1 cup vinager
4 tablespoons of prepared mustard
tabasco sauce as desired
salt and pepper to taste

Chunk up enough meat so that the sauce just covers it.  Simmer until the meat falls apart and the juice is cooked down to gravy.  

Noble
milking and logging and sawing and milking

CHARLIE

Sounds pretty good Noble. I do the same thing with my salsa.  I set a cheap cut of beef on tin foil, pour a jar of my 'Charlie's Rolling Around On The Floor Screaming, That's Great Salsa!' salsa on it and seal the tin foil. I then cook in a 200 degree oven for about 12 hours. I remove it from the oven and take two forks and pull the meat apart (shred it), put it back in the juices and reseal the tinfoil and put it back in the oven for 12 more hours.  I then use it for sandwiches or put it on soft shell tacos.

Be sure to put your recipe in the Knowledge Base. :P :)
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Bro. Noble

Charlie,

I don't suppose that salsa formula could be obtained  couldit?   Sounds like my kinda stuff.  

Noble

CHARLIE

Yup!  It's the best salsa in the world! Once you eat some of it you'll never be happy with store bought again.  I put it in the Knowledge Base in the Recipe section quite some time ago.  

My suggestion is to fix it to the recipe for the first batch. After that, you can tweak it to your taste. You know, like maybe a little less sugar or a little more cayenne pepper, or a lot more hot peppers.

My recipe is for a mild salsa so my wife and daughter can eat it. My son altered the recipe to fit his taste and if you eat his salsa you will breathe fire. :o
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

woodman

Noble sound good for road kill Possum do i stll have to soak it in water for a week before i cook it.
Jim Cripanuk

Bro. Noble

Woodman,

I'm not an expert on the subject but would think that the time soaked in water would be directly proportional to the degree of dehydration of the possum.  Mom used to fry young possum when I was a kid but I always assumed she killed them with a stick??  

Went up north to Columbia this weekent to visit our two college kids.  On the way we saw a large, fat , fresh. roadkill deer.  A few miles down the road a crude sign had been put on the edge of the road "fresh jerky ahead".  Another half-quarter was another "jerky ahead" and 100 yards later an old van with a sign "fresh jerky".  Now I'm sure the carcass and the jerky weren't connected but for the next few miles I  wondered about the source of the vendor's meat and just what the heck "fresh" jerky is.

Noble

Tom

You mean you're supposed to use a stick ??

No wonder they keep jumping out the window when I get the grease hot. :-/

Thank You Sponsors!