iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Lilly

Started by Texas Ranger, October 02, 2002, 01:38:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texas Ranger

Y'all see a 60'ish, grey headed, forester blow into your area in the next few days, take pitty and give a drink and a place to rest.  Lilly may send us north in a hurry, more so than we want. :-/
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Jeff

Keep in touch Don, let us know whats going on.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Bro. Noble

Don,

If ya need a place to park, holler.

Noble
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Kevin

It`s getting close ...

http://gfx.weatheroffice.ec.gc.ca/satellite/data/goes_enam_1070_100.jpg

It looks like it`s the size of an entire U.S. state!

Tom

I have a cousin in Baton Rouge.  I sure hope he finds high ground.

Kevin_H.

Hey Don, Be Safe and if you need some one to help you saw up all those downed trees let me know.
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

DanG

My prayers are with you, Don, and with all the people in the path of the storm. This could be a bad one. On the way home, this evening, I saw convoys of emergency and disaster relief vehicles, already on their way to the expected area of devestation.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Texas Ranger

Path has shifted as predicted to go into Louisiana, so we may have dodged the bullet, yet Louisiana, Mississippi,  and to a certain extent Tennessee and Alabama will catch a lot of wind and water.  This has been upgraded to a Category 4 storm, winds to 145 just before sun down, but is falling.  The tropical storm warning is up for the counties to the east and south of the county where I live.  Have inlaws living in the living room and spare bed rooms that escaped from the coast and a predicted 20 foot flood surge.  

Thanks for the thoughts, now we need to pray for the folks in the other states.  This one is bad.  More tomorrow, landfall expected at about *:00 am.

Texas Ranger

Landfall at 8:am, sorry about that.  

Tom, your cousin should be out of Baton Rouge, they evacuated this morning.  Been a solid tide of traffic through here all day, and we are 125 miles inland.

We opened our Methodist church up tonight for refugees, and dont have many takers, but all motels are full, as well as the camp grounds.

Paul_H

I had no Idea how big Lilly was, till I clicked on the weather link.You're in our prayers Don,along with the others that are in in her path.
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Texas Ranger

Hugh sigh of relieve from Texas, Lilli came on shore in Louisiana at about 8:00 this morning as a Category 2 (100 mile winds) instead of Category 4 (150 mile winds), less rain, and less wind. There will be damage in the low areas and a strong storm surge on the coast, but in all, a better day than expected.

Our local highschool has 1000 refugees from Louisiana, everything else full as well, should be leaving by the end of the day.

God seems to have given us a pass on this one.

Frank_Pender

I am happy that your prayers worked, Don   Now we just need to keep up the effort for those that were/are in the path of high winds, heavy rains and flooding.  Some of what I have seen on tv has been quite devistating. Ihave a brother-in-law in Central La.  We have not heard a word as yet.   :-[
Frank Pender

Thank You Sponsors!