iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A great day with some great folks......

Started by Burlkraft, August 11, 2007, 08:11:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burlkraft

Yesterday Beenthere and I were fortunate enough to have Stumpy and Mr. & Mrs Onewithwood join us for lunch at the Roxbury..... 8) 8) 8)

It was a great 3 hour lunch and a lot of factual material was discused.....Some Roxburgers were consumed..(not by me) and of course a photo or two were taken.....

Then OWW tells me he's got a little present for me from Cedarman...... :) :) :)  It's a BIG hunk of Cedar burl..... 8) 8) 8)

That was AWESOME.....A big Thank You to Cedarman....There's nuthin' a burl likes more than a gift of burl......

There's at least 6 nice burl bowls in there and as soon as I can get back in my shop, I'll be makin' the place smell like cedar .... ;D ;D

It was a great day....There's nothing like breaking bread with Forum members at The Roxbury.

Thanks again Cedarman....You sure know how to make a wounded Burl guy feel good..... ;D ;D ;D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

stumpy

I have to agree with Steve.  It was a very enjoyable lunch.  What made it special though, was the fact that we were able to spend it with him.  It's great to see him recovering well and in great spirits.  After hearing the story of his "incident" I realize how lucky we are that he pulled through.  Besides, he was in such good spirits, he even picked up the bill!!! 8)  Good food, good people and free lunch.  IT DON"T GET ANY BETTER THAN THAT!!!
Woodmizer LT30, NHL785 skidsteer, IH 444 tractor

TexasTimbers

Man that's great. I wish we lived closer. Hey Steve who is that guy in the middle - do you have a samll younger brother? Cause that guy looks exactly like you except he is smaller and younger looking than you. :)
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

OneWithWood

It was a great day spent with some great folks!  8) 8)

and well worth the drive to find the Roxbury Inn. . .

Linnea and I really enjoyed meeting Burlkraft and Stumpy and re-acquainting ourselves with Beenthere.  Unfortunately we only could spend a few hours before we had to hit the road again but I think another trip to the Rox is in our future.

Steve may have had a cardio infarction or something to that effect but it sure did not slow him down any.  Before I could even reach for the check he had it paid.  Again, thanks for the lunch Steve!

And a special thanks to Beenthere for setting it up  8)
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

beenthere

As was well said, we had a great visit..so 'like' what happens often when Jeff's FF members get together in so many corners of the earth.

And OWW had to get back on the road again, to burn up some more of that bio-diesel that he was carryin along with him...hope he made it home without havin to stoop to puttin any dino in that tank... ::) ::) ::) ;D ;D

Lookin forward to the next excuse to meet at the Rox.....anyone game?   8) 8)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Thank You Sponsors!