Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sixacresand

Quote from: WDH on October 16, 2018, 07:47:10 PM
90+ degrees here today.  New record :).
It was miserable, for sure. 
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

chevytaHOE5674

More cold, snow, and wind here.

Heard on the radio we have had measurable precipitation for the last 22 days straight. And that streek is still going.

51cub

When I left the house this morning the drivers side windows were wet, passenger side was frost. Should be in the 50s again today but the next couple of days won't get much out of the 30s with wind chill about 10 deg cooler
I believe in the hereafter, because every time I take two steps into the tool crib to get something I wonder " what did I come in here after"

If nothing else I'm always a good last resort or the guy to hold up as a bad example

thecfarm

36° here this morning. Leaves are falling. I can see out through the woods more and more each day. All the leaves are gone in the wet areas. 
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Woodcutter_Mo

The outside thermometer shows 38° thismorning, out by the firewood pile there is a light frost so this is my official first frost of the year. 
-WoodMizer LT25
-592XP full wrap, 372XP, 550XP, 455 Rancher, RedMax GZ3500T
-Fixer-uppers/projects:
024AV, MS260, MS361, MS460, Shindaiwa 488, 394XPG

SwampDonkey

Was 30 this morning, but no frost on the truck, parked by the porch overhang. But there was frost on the ground. Seen a spike horn and a doe in a small field I have to cross to get to the woods. Had some sprinkles during the day, but only got my shoulders wet, the fir trees seemed dry. Leaves are much more sparse now on the sugar maples. Red maples are bare for the most part now.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Bruno of NH

27 with the first snow of the season
3/4 of an inch
It's on
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Crusarius

yup first it starting with snowing ice balls last night then it turned into 1/4" sticking this morning.

curdog

Finally a cool morning... cranked the truck and it was 45 ...I'm not going to miss the heat.... 8)

thecfarm

The wind the wind the wind. The news was talking about a wind chill factor last night. Does make it feel colder. I don't want to say the ground was white,but something was on the ground when I got up.  ;D  Did not see anything white in the woods. 
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

Suppose to hit the teens tonight for cold. First ground freeze if it happens. Then its road slick season. :D Suppose to warm up Friday to 40's and Saturday near 60. :)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Al_Smith

It was 30 this morning early no  frost 

Woodcutter_Mo

We had a good thorough frost yesterday morning, so now the bald faced hornets should hopefully be at bay where some or my firewood trees are. This morning showed 36° and no frost. Clear, calm and sunny this morning. 
-WoodMizer LT25
-592XP full wrap, 372XP, 550XP, 455 Rancher, RedMax GZ3500T
-Fixer-uppers/projects:
024AV, MS260, MS361, MS460, Shindaiwa 488, 394XPG

SwampDonkey

Frost this morning, warmed to the 40's. Just right for running a brush saw. ;D

chevytaHOE5674

19° this morning with ¾ of an inch of ice on the cow pond. Been a cold fall so far, temps have been running well below average, hopefully it moderates a little or it's going to be a long winter of September thru may.....

chet

Are the leaves still hanging on up along da lake?
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

chevytaHOE5674

Most of the leaves are gone. Just gray and drab looking now.

SwampDonkey

First snow coming tonight, was some coming down where I was working, but nothing at home. Partial sun at home actually.

Ljohnsaw

Weather at home (600' elevation) has been overnight low 50s, daytime high 80-82.  Up at the cabin site, my recording thermometer shows a low of 33° and today (overcast) got to 65°.

This is what greeted me this morning:

Fall is in the air!
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

thecfarm

Some more rain. Not much,but it does help.
All the pretty leafs are gone. Just the oak,beech and ash are left. All brown and dark yellow now.

SwampDonkey

A day of nastiness. :)

rjwoelk

Swampdonkey we had that 3 weeks ago. Last 2 weeks have been anyweres from loes of 25 yo highs in the upper 60s. Been windy last 2 days. But we are to hit the mid 60 today.
Hope it holds off till Dec.
Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

crowhill

38 this am, said to self will get warmer during the day, by 10AM I was wishing I'd put on my long johns, spitting rain and snow with wind blowing sawdust from eight different directions. Warmed up for a little at noon but at 3PM I'd had enough, called it a day. Wind had picked back up, it was getting colder, 2nd pair of gloves were wet thru. Maybe my youngest son knew what he was doing when he moved from Vermont to San Diego 15 years ago!
TimberKing B-20, Kubota M-4900 w/FEL with tooth bar, hyd thumb and forks, Farmi winch, 4 chain saws.

thecfarm

We had some snow Tuesday. Now even enough to make the ground white. But I was at work and the pallets of wood pellets was getting white. A customer called and wanted a delivery of wood pellets. I told her when it gets done snowing,I'll send someone. I did not want the delivery guy to get wet. She only lived about 15 minutes from the store. She said it not doing nothing here.
Been cool here in the mornings. More like Fall should be. I think the 70° weather is gone for a while.
But in January we will think 40° and the sun out is warm. ;D

lxskllr

Rain. Could be worse. It's ~52F, and I have the door open. Listening to my Twin Peaks playlist, and drinking some Famous Grouse. Hoping I can do some climbing tomorrow. I want to get that tree down. I usually reserve chainsaw day for Saturday, but I gotta do what I gotta do.. Fall's here. Meh colors, but at least it's cool. Need to get to the tree guy in the next week also. I'm gonna get one or two dawn redwoods, and a pawpaw or two. Been debating about a dawn redwood in my side yard. I'll be threading a needle with regards to utility lines, but I think it'll work out. It's nice and wet there, so it should be happy. By the time it gets to be a potential issue, I'll likely be dead. No concern to me  :^D

Thank You Sponsors!