iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Member saying hello

Started by kmorgan, November 02, 2013, 02:11:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kmorgan

I got myself an old 041 farmboss and was looking around on the web and found this site. I have lived in Oregon my entire life and been it the woods hunting and fishing and now I found a great place to chat. I am a luithier and make just about anything with wood. I have a great wood shop on our property and just got into Stihl saws after moving out to farm country and needing one. We just put in a new wood stove in our new house and I have been hunting for a good saw to process wood. Just thought I should say hello.

thecfarm

kmorgan,welcome to the forum and hello back to ya. Any pictures of stuff you made?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

samandothers

Hey! welcome!  There are some great craftsman here.   Post some of your work!

fishpharmer

Kmorgan, hello and welcome to FF!  Not familiar with that model but, it should be great, its a Stihl :)
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

rattler

HI Kmorgan I am new here my self but Welcome.

sawn4fun

I'm newer, actually, how can you tell. I don't believe there's a published "join date" like the other place.

As for your 041, as with most older saws, kinda heavy and slower than newer ones, but if you're just "puttin' around" like me it should work fine for your needs. If it's not an AV version you'll notice the vibes, just gives it more character. I think they were all  61cc. and 5.5hp.

thecfarm

sawn4fun,you joined Yesterday at 04:40:46 pm.
Just click onto anyone's user name and it will bring you to thier profile page.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Jeff

You cannot immediately click on someone's profile after joining. That is a privacy tool that gives the admins a chance to intercept someone that may be less than savory, and only joins to gain access to member information.  It takes a few posts to be able to look at profiles.  :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

mad murdock

Welcome to the forestry forum Rattler, sawn4fun and kmorgan.  To the OP, which part of Ore are you at? I am near the NW edge of the Wilamette valley, near Carlton. Lots of great wood species here from which to build nice things. Would love to see some of your handiwork!
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

kmorgan

Quote from: mad murdock on November 03, 2013, 10:57:50 AM
Welcome to the forestry forum Rattler, sawn4fun and kmorgan.  To the OP, which part of Ore are you at? I am near the NW edge of the Wilamette valley, near Carlton. Lots of great wood species here from which to build nice things. Would love to see some of your handiwork!
I am pretty close to you, I live just seven miles outside down town Amity. We have a Amity address but I am only five miles from Sheridan. Like you I am as close to the woods as it gets.

kmorgan

I have tried to post some pics of my work but cant seem to figure it out.

rattler

Quote from: kmorgan on November 03, 2013, 12:29:44 PM
Quote from: mad murdock on November 03, 2013, 10:57:50 AM
I am pretty close to you, I live just seven miles outside down town Amity. We have a Amity address but I am only five miles from Sheridan. Like you I am as close to the woods as it gets.

Thank you Sir.

beenthere

Quote from: kmorgan on November 03, 2013, 12:30:56 PM
I have tried to post some pics of my work but cant seem to figure it out.

Set up your own gallery in your profile, and have the pics in your computer in .jpg format.

Then go to the "Behind the Forum" forum on Home page, and to the first thread there. Follow the primer and give a shout at any step that gives you a problem. We'll help you out.
Not really difficult, just sometimes we don't know how close we really are to getting it. ;)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

mad murdock

To post pics, first upload to your gallery, then open a reply to post Winco, open a second window in your browser to your gallery, click on the picture you want to put in your post from you gallery, it will show a URL link to click to add the pic to your reply, and you should be there. Or you can search for the tutorial that Jeff and other have created that explains it also.  Thanks beenthere, beat me to it.
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

SawTroll

Quote from: sawn4fun on November 03, 2013, 09:44:41 AM
I'm newer, actually, how can you tell. I don't believe there's a published "join date" like the other place.

As for your 041, as with most older saws, kinda heavy and slower than newer ones, but if you're just "puttin' around" like me it should work fine for your needs. If it's not an AV version you'll notice the vibes, just gives it more character. I think they were all  61cc. and 5.5hp.                                                                                                                                           

3.7 hp. ;)
Information collector.

sawn4fun

Quote from: SawTroll on November 03, 2013, 04:50:14 PM
Quote from: sawn4fun on November 03, 2013, 09:44:41 AM

3.7 hp. ;)

thecfarm

Sorry,I forgot it takes a while to get the full benefit of the FF.

Thank You Sponsors!