iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

So Where is _ _ _ _ _ _?

Started by Jeff, May 18, 2014, 01:06:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck White

Good to see you back on the forum, Zopi.

Looks like you have enough to keep yourself busy.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

sandhills

Sure sounds like you're having fun, or at least staying very busy trying to.  Any pictures of the instrument builds, or did I miss them some where else?

submarinesailor

Zopi - was wondering what happened to you.  Hope the future is a bright one for you and yours.

Bruce

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

zopi

I will have to upload some pictures..the banjo is a work in progress, but it is getting to the rubber meets the road stage. Probably going try a dulcimer before I tackle a mandolin.

I am definitely busy.
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Chuck White

I really like the sounds that a banjo and a dulcimer produce.

I watch shows like "The Waltons" once in a while and ever so often someone will play the dulcimer.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

zopi

My oldest daughter has taken up the dulcimer...I am playing music 2 or 3 nights a week most weeks. Have not had to shoot a bass player yet either...lol
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

thecfarm

Busy little guy,ain't ya? It's good to see you back.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WDH

Quote from: zopi on May 04, 2015, 09:53:05 PM
Have not had to shoot a bass player yet either...lol

Easy....easy......
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

zopi

I have an idea for a song..."Don't shoot the Dobro player..we only have the one.."
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

thecfarm

but the goat is sure to go.   :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

Don't worry 'bout da Goat.  As soon as da music starts, he downs ah Purple Drank and is gone...... smiley_sleeping
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on May 05, 2015, 08:09:08 AM
Don't worry 'bout da Goat.  As soon as da music starts, he downs ah Purple Drank and is gone...... smiley_sleeping

Ahhhhh...Danny is playing my song.  :D GLUT, GLUT, GLUT, GLUT,........BURPPPPPPPPP.

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

so il logger

NOTE FROM ADMIN. 

I guess you didn't read the first post in this topic. It is not a place to inquire where people are or have been. It is a message on why you should NOT publicly inquire about someone. Do it behind the scenes if you have a reason to inquire.

Sawyerfortyish

Been a while since I posted. Had a lot going on here. 5 years ago public service electric and gas decided to double the size of the lines running through the middle of our farm. I felt like I got invaded guys in pickups everywhere bulldozers excavators. hundreds of people from environmental people looking for bog turtles in my swamps and brook to the bat people looking for a certain type of bat and even a guy looking for indian artifacts. I lost my privacy even tho I live almost a mile off road. they had to build more than a mile of road on me right through my best timber land and even went though the middle of 2 corn fields. its been a mess for 5 years now. there done now and we charged them for every tree barked up and or destroyed. But now Verizon wireless is using that road to put a cell tower on my hill. This is a good thing as it gives us a monthly income but more bulldozers. im sure you get the picture. My dad passed away 4 years ago and there are more than a hundred things I need to ask him. were figuring things out but it would have been easier to just ask him when he was here. For a guy 84 years old I don't know how he ever did what he did. the 4 acres of garden he planted and kept up on is all me my son and brother can do. plus throw in the logging ,sawmill a couple other small businesses and farm. So the last 5 years has been very eventful and busy havnt had the time to go on line much. But I do look in on the FF once in while

Dave Shepard

It's always good to hear from members that have fallen off the radar.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Chuck White

Sawyerfortyish;  That cell tower will provide a nice income, for sure!

In this area, (same company) they put up three towers, 3 years ago and they pay out $750.00/Mo each, so it's way more than enough to pay the taxes for the landowner.

The rate here is $9,000/year with 3% increase every year, then they renew the contract every five years!

SwampDonkey

Never here of it here, they just buy the land or plant them on public land. I know of several that sold them land for a tower.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

dtody

Gee, I'm back. Not that I was missed nor that important in the scheme of things.

Had a heart transplant and a time getting used to meds and such, but now, I have a new sawmill my son got me, and raring to go.

Getting about six hours per sawmill session in when I'm at my cabin (Washington Island, WI).  Now have a tractor (JD 3038E) with forks to load logs and transport cut wood to stacks, and a couple grandsons to help.

Kinda interesting that I tried "transplant support groups" after the surgery but didn't work and I remember the person to person support that all on this forum give each other 10 times better.

sandhills

Hope you have a full recovery fast, that's definitely no small ordeal!

breederman

WOW!!  I'm glad you are up and having fun.
Together we got this !

thecfarm

dtody,sawmill and a tractor and grandkids to help!!! Lucky you.  ;D

Magicman

Thank you for checking in and giving us an update, dtody, and Welcome Home.   :)

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Thank You Sponsors!