iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Show Unread / Show New / Read Most Recent

Started by Ljohnsaw, November 12, 2014, 10:54:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ljohnsaw

This has been happening to me quite often and I find it very puzzling,

My normal mode of operation on this site is to click the "Show New Replies to your Posts" to see what further discussion there has been either to my posts or posts that I've made comments.  Usually works quite well.  After that, I click on "Show Unread posts since last visit".  Again, that usually works quite well. 

More frequently now, when the first does not yield any results, I click the second.  When that returns no results, I'm a disbeliever!  There is no way that all you guys talking grits and such don't post a thing in 12 hours or so! :D  So I click on "Read Most Recent Posts" and there are pages of posts listed, many only a few minutes old to a few hours old.  If I click on "Show Unread" again, one or two posts will show up. After that, each time I refresh or click on "Show Unread", a few more will pop up.

I'm using FireFox 33.1.   Thoughts?  I don't want to miss anything!  I don't just go to a single topic area or two - I really enjoy see what everyone has to say - I like to learn about all aspect of wood that is presented here, even if I don't plan on using it for my own work.  Just want to know all so someday I can win at Jeopardy! :D
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Jeff

The only reason the since your last visit function would not work, or rmpty out, is if something in your security is killing the tracking of your session on the forum making it think you were here, left, then came back. I'd say it is something in your cookie settings or security, or, you are choosing to use private browsing in firefox.  Its definitely an end user problem or possibly, but unlikely an isp thing. 

Id check and see if you have something going on under tools/options/privacy.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

beenthere

ljohn

QuoteThoughts?  I don't want to miss anything!

Just go to "Read Most Recent Posts" and be done with it. ;) 

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Ljohnsaw

Quote from: beenthere on November 12, 2014, 01:24:50 PM
ljohn

QuoteThoughts?  I don't want to miss anything!

Just go to "Read Most Recent Posts" and be done with it. ;)

I have resorted to that at times.  The only problem there is how fragmented an active thread becomes - kind of hard to follow. :-\

I'll look at my security/cookie settings.  I did notice at some point after FireFox decided to do an update, FireFox pops up in the top area that the website (not this one) was attempting to go to another place.  So, probably FireFox (can't use FF as an abbreviation as it has a higher meaning here... :laugh:) is messed up.

So, no one else has had this issue that they were able to solve and could give exact instructions?  Yeah, I'm lazy...
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.