iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Guitar for auction in support of forum

Started by Coach, October 17, 2016, 12:07:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Banjo picker

I have a couple of wall hangers myself, but you can play em if you want to.  The ole banjo belonged to my mothers uncle...his grand daughter gave it to me.  The hanger guitar was given to me by a dear friend.  I also got players  8)  Debbie has a mandolin and 2 upright bases.  I think I have 4 fiddles, one is going to my grand daughter when she gets old enough to take care of it.  Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Hilltop366

An old banjo / fiddle player from around here will tell banjo jokes in between songs.

A couple of them are "perfect pitch is when you can throw a banjo and hit an accordion"

What is the difference between a banjo and a trampoline.... you take off your shoes before you jump on a trampoline.

Glad you got your mill going again!

LaneC

Not trying to hijack. Banjo picker, do you play Scruggs or Clawhammer? I have learned Cripple Creek and love the banjo now. The jokes are really funny. I have heard quite a bit and laugh every time, I would love to hear more. I would love to bid on that guitar but knowing the time effort and craftsmanship going in to it I cannot right now. Just a thought, we usually auction a gun off for our Lodge. We get raffle tickets made and then a lot of folks can get 100 dollars worth (or much less ) and still have a chance to win it.
Man makes plans and God smiles

Coach

Magicman

A raffle would depend upon the legal issues in Michigan.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on January 18, 2018, 10:25:48 AM
A raffle would depend upon the legal issues in Michigan.

We raffle anything off down here.  ;D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

sandhills

Even goats??  :o ;)
I also like the idea of the raffle, I've seen many fundraisers around here that do much better on free will offerings than other types but auctions are fun too.  I don't play guitar and as was already stated couldn't afford one with that kind of craftsmanship but wouldn't mind buying in on a chance to win it.  Doesn't matter but I'll stay tuned.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: sandhills on January 18, 2018, 02:15:07 PM

.......Doesn't matter but I'll stay tuned.

Now thats funny!  :D :D :D  Get it? ......Guitar?......Stay tuned?...... :D :D :D smiley_guitarist
Hopefully the Guitar will stay tuned.  ;D.......get it WDH?  :D

Magicman

A raffle can only be conducted by a registered charitable organization in MS.  Don't know about anywhere else.  Goat butts are free so I guess that is charitable enough in SC.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on January 18, 2018, 02:46:29 PM

Goat butts are free.

Hey now....I'm a good Goat. I have never lowered my standards to where its free!
I charge for it....$300.  :D :D :D

Jeff

As of last week, I now have a balalaika.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Novascotiamill

Wow ,I think I would of enjoyed shop a lot more in school making a guitar. Thats quite a skill you have . I spend some idle time torturing a Takamine Pro series......unfortunately the pro part didnt transfer to the player. Hopefully some form of NAFTA will stay together in case it goes to the US !
2017 HM130
Stihl 261
2010 F150 xtr
Lots of rigid genx5 tools
1 long haired german shepherd
2017 kioti ck2610HST with FEL and forks
Grindlux band sharpener
Wicked 55" root rake grapple
O

starmac

MM, it was my understanding that Texas had the same law on raffles, but that was some years ago, not sure anymore.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

Banjo picker

Quote from: Hilltop366 on January 18, 2018, 09:29:11 AM
An old banjo / fiddle player from around here will tell banjo jokes in between songs.

Glad you got your mill going again!
WDH, I believe that is me. 

I definitely play Scruggs style.   :D  It would have to be cause that is my last name. ;)  But yes three finger Scruggs style as they say.  Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

LaneC

I am on the clawhammer style, the OT (old time ) music.  MM, being that I am from Mississippi, being Charitable AND a Registered Voter ;), would that make the raffle legal?

Woodcutter_Mo

I doubt I'd be able to bid on it but if it we're to be raffled off I would certainly be interested in buying tickets  8)

I play guitar a little as well as my brother. I just like playing along with songs by ear mostly, fun hobby.
-WoodMizer LT25
-592XP full wrap, 372XP, 550XP, 455 Rancher, RedMax GZ3500T
-Fixer-uppers/projects:
024AV, MS260, MS361, MS460, Shindaiwa 488, 394XPG

Jeff

Michigan laws makes it prohibitive on a raffle because of it being a form of gambling. Way to many fiery hoops to jump through to do it
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

LaneC

Roger that. Sorry I brought it up, I should have thought about that I guess. It never crossed my mind as to being a legal issue.

sandhills

Or mine as well, I think it could have made a tremendous amount but all is still good and can't wait to see the finished product!  I'll push it as far as I can, I have a plan  ;).

Woodcutter_Mo

I had'nt thought of the raffles being a problem in some areas. Anyhow, I'll be following this thread to see the finished guitar. Can't wait to see it's progress. 8)
-WoodMizer LT25
-592XP full wrap, 372XP, 550XP, 455 Rancher, RedMax GZ3500T
-Fixer-uppers/projects:
024AV, MS260, MS361, MS460, Shindaiwa 488, 394XPG

Coach

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

I agree Danny.  It's mind boggling to me!   :o

Thank You Sponsors!