iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Today's junkyard find.

Started by Kbeitz, January 09, 2017, 03:03:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kbeitz

All mine ... Done paid for. I just gotta get it home.

Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Crusarius

Awesome deal.

the tires are funny. those are airless tires worn all the way through to the suspension circles. They should be at least 3" taller

TKehl

Hiring a rollback can be the simplest, and relatively cheap.

We move our JD 250 with a car trailer occasionally, but it's a bit overloaded.  If you do that, block the midpoint of your ramps or they may not slide back into their "home".  Just like ours no longer do thanks to my brother.   ;)
In the long run, you make your own luck – good, bad, or indifferent. Loretta Lynn

Kbeitz

I'm lucky. My son owns a large rollback. The junkyard is just so muddy and icy
that I'm just going to wait till things dry off a little.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Banjo picker

My money would be on Kbeitz finding a new set of tires for it there in a little bit.  Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

Kbeitz

Quote from: Banjo picker on February 14, 2018, 07:00:50 PM
My money would be on Kbeitz finding a new set of tires for it there in a little bit.  Banjo

I have a choice of taking the wheels and tires on it or I can have the original air tires and rims. I was thinking that the hard tires even worn the way they are would last me the rest of my life. Besides loosing clearance what else would it hurt?
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Kbeitz

I'm confused. Did Kubota make the Deutz engine. When I search for my starter
number ( first image ) on E-bay it take me to this page of information (image 2)
Applications all say Kubots but if you look down the page you can see it says
Bobcat with my starter number (6685190). So is my engine a Deutz or Kubota
or both?

Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Kwill

Built my own hydraulic splitter
Built my own outdoor wood stove
Built my own log arch
built my own bandsaw sawmill
Built my own atv log arch.
Built my own FEL grapple

Kbeitz

Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

paul case

Open the hood on the back and if you find a radiator, it isnt a duetz.

PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

starmac

I understand the new epa compliant duetze engines are water cooled, I have not seen one myself, so could be heresay.

I doubt Kubota makes or owns duetze, and a duetze just going by looks, can not be mistaken for a kubota either, at least the older air cooled ones can't.

I do seem to recall my son telling me when he had to get a starter for his bobcat that the one starter fit all of them, not sure exactly what he meant.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

Kbeitz

This is the spec sheet I found on google saying its a Duitz.

This is the engine.

And this is where the owner says the radiator is.

Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Kbeitz

Another list from google saying it's a Duitz.

Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

dave hummell

A long time ago i had a truck mounted forklift mofit brand and it had that engine in it that is not a Kubota it is a deutz . it was a pretty good engine.

petefrom bearswamp

great buy.
Deutz engines are very good.
The old Garrett Weldco skidder i posted about a couple of yrs ago that had sat for 5 yrs started right up with fresh diesel and new batteries.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Percy

Quote from: Kbeitz on February 15, 2018, 04:21:43 AM

And this is where the owner says the radiator is.

If its a Deutz, the radiator will be an oil cooler. That looks to be almost Identical to our older A300 bobcat.
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

ST Ranch

Kbeitz

I own a 2003 Bobcat 873 with the deutz motor and it looks just like yours. IMO your motor is the deutz.

The starter #s you quote may not be the original starter. My starter is a DENSO [japan] bobcat #666 7825 or Denso # 228000-5731.

In terms of oil, engine oil I use shell Rotella T6 5-40 synthetic. Bobcat uses 15-40. In terms of hydraulic/hydrostatic oil, I bought a good supply of Bobcat brand oil [very costly] because I could NOT get any specs off it [bobcats oil pails] to try to buy cheaper alternate. In future I will use Shell brand oil once my Bcat oil gone.

I also have the maintenance manual and many filter numbers, etc if you want any info, PM me.

Tom

LT40G28 with mods,  Komatsu D37E crawler,
873 Bobcat with CWS log grapple,

Kbeitz

Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

petefrom bearswamp

What?
You dont have it operational yet?
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Kbeitz

Quote from: petefrom bearswamp on February 17, 2018, 11:34:05 AM
What?
You dont have it operational yet?

The junkyard is all ice and mud... I can wait for a better day to get it home without bringing half of the yards real estate home with me. My wife now has to mop the floor every time I go. I feel sorry for the people that work there.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

TKehl

Makes me think of the cowpoke at the feedyard waist deep in mud.  Ask how he gets around.  Says he does fine, but his horse is struggling.   ;D

I finally got the last piece of equipment this morning that I bought at auction 2 weeks ago.  Fought the mud, but got it done.  ;)
In the long run, you make your own luck – good, bad, or indifferent. Loretta Lynn

Darrel

Mud season is supposed to be next month or even in April, but it's in the past. The weather guesser says that winter is supposed to come back his next week. If he's right we'll probably get two mud seasons this year. So I'm going to saw while I can.
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

Percy

Quote from: Darrel on February 17, 2018, 07:59:21 PM
Mud season is supposed to be next month or even in April, but it's in the past. The weather guesser says that winter is supposed to come back his next week. If he's right we'll probably get two mud seasons this year. So I'm going to saw while I can.
lol@weather guesser
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

Al_Smith

In this portion of Ohio mud will be the flavor of the day about mid March and last to mid,late April .Maybe longer .This is world class mud ,nothing whimpy about it .If it's possible to get any thing stuck in it,I've about done it all .However I've gotten  pretty good at retrieving stuff stuck in the stuff which I've learned to detest with a passion . >:(

Kbeitz

Quote from: Al_Smith on February 18, 2018, 01:29:29 PM
In this portion of Ohio mud will be the flavor of the day about mid March and last to mid,late April .Maybe longer .This is world class mud ,nothing whimpy about it .If it's possible to get any thing stuck in it,I've about done it all .However I've gotten  pretty good at retrieving stuff stuck in the stuff which I've learned to detest with a passion . >:(

Sometimes I could use you around....

Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Thank You Sponsors!