iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Anybody Else See it?

Started by firefighter ontheside, February 03, 2023, 06:07:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

We are being pumped full of hot air and floated.  ::)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

beenthere

Quote from: 21incher on February 15, 2023, 08:24:31 AM
So the reason they aren't giving details  about the thing shot down over lake Huron seems to be it was a balloon from a used car lot that floated away and took 2 sidewinders to pop.
:D :D :D
Good one. 
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

newoodguy78

Quote from: Magicman on February 15, 2023, 11:11:41 AM
We are being pumped full of hot air and floated.  ::)
I agree magicman and the amount being blown up a certain orifice we all have has gotten out of hand. 

Magicman

It's either smoke and mirrors or our incompetency level is very alarming.  :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

DbltreeBelgians

newoodguy78

Southside

Quote from: beenthere on February 15, 2023, 03:00:34 PM
Quote from: 21incher on February 15, 2023, 08:24:31 AM
So the reason they aren't giving details  about the thing shot down over lake Huron seems to be it was a balloon from a used car lot that floated away and took 2 sidewinders to pop.
:D :D :D
Good one.
That's from an Air Force General, sadly not a joke.
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

bigblockyeti

Quote from: newoodguy78 on February 15, 2023, 03:12:14 PMI agree magicman and the amount being blown up a certain orifice we all have has gotten out of hand.
We deserve what we tolerate!

Magicman

Let's be careful and not make this topic go to Restricted.  No Political.

Ianab

Reminds me of previous balloon misadventures. 

When Pink Floyd's Giant Inflatable Pig Broke Free

An unfortunate airline pilot had to call ATC and say he had just passed a flying pig at 8,000 ft.. "Can you repeat that please?"   :D
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Roxie

The truth eventually comes out and the Pentagon tracked the Chinese WEATHER ballon the moment it left China. It floated down towards Hawaii and then got caught up in a very strong weather front and taken up to Alaska where it continued to follow the air current until we shot it down. 

The other UFO's are now identified as civilian owned research balloons. 

Seems to me that our government is so accustomed to lying, that telling the truth no matter how benign the situation, is impossible. 
Say when

SwampDonkey

A lot of us always knew it was a hoax story to begin with. The objects were real, but not the story line. There's so many bases around China that it would be next to impossible for anything to go unnoticed at the pace of a balloon aloft. Heck they have to track thousands of space debris. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Nebraska

99 Red balloons, lyrics come to mind with this. I would post a link on to a video on you tube, but it's not hard to find if you search and you really want to hear it....

Negative on the first tube...
Roger that, it's a giant  Snoopy balloon, but it says"made in China",  ....permission to arm second missle?

Tom King

Southside

Where is the one with the F-16 pilot with his shirt tail cut off?  :D
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

Resonator

Quote99 Red balloons, lyrics come to mind with this. I would post a link on to a video on you tube, but it's not hard to find if you search and you really want to hear it....
I thought of that song the first time they announced that on the news (of course I always think in songs I've heard). ;D
The band NENA from 1984, (and if you're a real music geek you know the original "99 Luft Balloons" with all German lyrics) smiley_guitarist
NENA | 99 Red Balloons [1984] (Official HD Music Video) - YouTube
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

21incher

Quote from: Roxie on February 16, 2023, 05:54:20 AM
The other UFO's are now identified as civilian owned research balloons.
Surprised they didn't  just show the videos from the jets today to let people see the truth and put a final end to the issue.  
Now the joke is that they only shot down balloons that had Trump 2024 stickers on them. 
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Roxie

I know that I don't sleep better at night knowing they missed hitting the hobby balloon the first time over Lake Huron with their fancy dansy sidewinder. Evasive little thing. 😂
Say when

Ianab

Possible source of one of the balloons, A balloon club, the Northern Illinois Bottlecap Balloon Brigade. It seems launching balloons into the stratosphere and seeing where they go is actually a thing. This particular balloon had been in the air 122 days, and was on it's 7th time around the globe. So the balloons the Chinese have claimed to have spotted are probably valid sightings, and the same balloon had already crossed the US 6 times. They just didn't throw $1/4 million missiles at them as they floated past.  

In all fairness to the missile makers, I don't think they were designed to lock onto balloons, especially not $100 ones with an electronics package the size of an Apple airtag. 

Yukon UFO could have cost unfortunate balloon fan  ? The Register

In related news, the Register's PARIS project set a World Record for launching a paper plane from 90,000 ft

Paper plane launched into space captures Earth images - BBC News
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

LogPup

Mooseherder

Southside

Most nervous pilot in the sky today.
JD Processor
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

Mooseherder

They're here for the Honda Classic chasing a lil white ball.

21incher

They had don't shoot on the billboard  :D.  
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Ianab

Picture of the first balloon here, from a U2 recon plane flying Above it.  I imagine they had some nice high res pictures from the plane's cameras, the released one just looks like the pilot taking a selfie with his go-pro. I guess if your mission is to intercept a mystery balloon, "no pics, didn't happen." applies. 

US releases photo of Chinese balloon captured by U-2 spy plane | Stuff.co.nz

Thank You Sponsors!