iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Snowmobiling Upstate NY

Started by Crusarius, December 06, 2017, 12:21:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crusarius

Coxy, I am guessing you have personal experience? Also betting you didn't get away since they upgraded to an 800 that day?

coxy

ahh yep and no he was faster than me and got to a narrow part of the trail and blocked it did not know it was the law till I seen his coat   :o then oh ship  :D

petefrom bearswamp

Lynn COME ON UP Ill PM you when the snow is deep and find a sled for u to ride.
BUT only if you bring pat along to savor the winter experience.
AND if you stay with us.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

petefrom bearswamp

another add on.
since we sold the Florida house last march Linda told me I should buy another sled.
Still looking
My fave so far is the entry level  carbureted 600 skidoo sport.
I can buy a new 2017 for about 7500 out the door.
The new etecs are awesome but 1100 grand is to rich for an 70 -10 year old guy that will maybe only ride a couple of more years
Kubota 900 RTV
57 acres of woodland

Crusarius

Pete. if I were you I would look for a slightly older fuel injected electric start sled with reverse. you should be able to get into a decent one for around $3000. It seems sleds don't really drop below $1500 value no matter how old they are. at least in this area.

moosehunter

If there is going to be a FF snowmobile ride I want in ! My lovely bride and I have ridden Maine, Ontario and many parts of NY. Always ready to ride with a few days notice. Pete's area is very nice.
mh
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

Crusarius

I would not be opposed to that. always looking for someone to ride with.

snowstorm

For those of you that have sleds. Put the Polaris ride com and app on your phone. It has most of the trail maps. It's free also has atv trails

Crusarius

That would mean I need to clean my phone off....

coxy

Quote from: petefrom bearswamp on December 11, 2017, 05:55:55 PM
1100 grand is to rich for an 70 -10 year old guy that will maybe only ride a couple of more years
pete my dad use to say your only as old as you feel  :) :D

snowstorm

Quote from: Crusarius on December 12, 2017, 11:27:09 AM
That would mean I need to clean my phone off....
that may be .The app is pretty handy when the trail can go 3 different ways and you can't tell the rite one. It also has satellite  pictures.

Crusarius

I will have to do that soon. I had been tempted to buy the other app for the area but I just haven't done it. I have not done much riding the last couple of years cause I have had no one to  go with. I still like paper maps up there. they may not be 100% accurate but the batteries don't die :)

starmac

Or run out of service, around here a phone would not do much good, unless you stayed awful close to town.

Coxy, as far as I know we do not even have such a thing as liability insurance for sleds or atvs. We do have a registration here, but it is not needed except for certain properties, federal I think.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

snowstorm

the polaris ride command worked fine for me with out cell service as long as i started it while i had a signal. first fatal sled crash in maine of the season. near rockwood a man from nc some how while backing up the sled rolled over on top of him

Crusarius

I downloaded the app last night. If I wasn't late leaving this morning I may have played with it.

petefrom bearswamp

Got delivery of my new (to me) toy yesterday
2015 skidoo renegade X  600 etec, loaded, 650 miles ,studs, rmotion suspension, GPS, adjustable handlebars, storage bag, fuel caddy, high windshield,  some other options
Now just need some white stuff.
Kubota 900 RTV
57 acres of woodland

Crusarius

oooh. pete I would love to check that out. I would love to upgrade but hard to justify it with the miles I ride every year.

moosehunter

Pete, that is a very nice ride. We have 600 GSX s. The engine is incredible. Touch the starter button and it is running. Your going to like that sled.
Let me know when your trails open,  my wife and I like to ride there. Usually park at Mountain side(?) On 281 then head your way.
mh
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

Crusarius

had a couple of guys I know head up yesterday. hoping to get a conditions report soon. The one has a cabin in osceola redfield area.

I need to know if indian lake piseco area will have any good riding just after Christmas I will be up there for a couple days.

starmac

Well guys come on up here, we have plenty of white stuff this year. I even see them riding here in town pretty regular.

snowstorm

i saw sled tracks on a pond today. and last saturday saw some ice fishing. and then on the news a warden plane went through the ice up in the county. just the tail sticking out

Crusarius

Starmac I would do that without even thinking. I love AK

reride82

I'm hoping to get out after the first of the year. Our snow down low hasn't been great, but over 7500' I hear its pretty decent. Are you guys limited to trails and lakes? One benefit to all the national forest out here is that most of the terrain is fair game, if you can get to it, that's why I have a long track  ;)
'Do it once, do it right'

'First we shape our buildings, then our buildings shape us'
Living life on the Continental Divide in Montana

starmac

We have plenty of snow this year. We went out to check on and refuel the guy plowing the log road we are hauling on yesterday, thinking we would haula load today, but not happening until the weather cools off some. I am not a sledder, but the warm weather we have had is probably good for sledding, at least they would not freeze, but the snow is heavy, like lower 48 snow.

petefrom bearswamp

MH Ill do that.
It is the Mountain View just south of Preble.
got about 3 inches last night but supposed to warm up and rain.
Kubota 900 RTV
57 acres of woodland

Thank You Sponsors!