iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Root For the Birds and Animals-NFL Version

Started by Gary_C, January 21, 2018, 12:26:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary_C

I am a Packer Backer stuck in the land of purple. What I have had to endure the last week is something no one should have to endure. Those Vikings are even trademarking "Minnesota and Minneapolis Miracle." I can't even imagine how bad it's going to be the next two weeks if those "Viqueens" prevail.

Then for the first game today, I read the Super Bowl ratings will suffer greatly if the Patriots do not win. Not being a Pats fan, I can't see the downside of that. What I do expect to see is all the calls going to the cheaters and whiners.

So root for the birds and animals, Eagles and Jags to be specific. It's only right to restore fairness.  8)
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

thecfarm

Somtimes a person can read too much.  ;)
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

dgdrls

I'd certainly go Packers if they were in but,
the Vikings are long overdue for a trophy.

For American Football I'm a Bills fan, long story.
For what the rest of the world recognizes as football
I pull for the Tottenham Hotspurs  Not quite the same bird:)

D

21incher

I only watched the opening of 1 NFL game this season and turned the rest off.
Protest on your own time. >:(
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Gary_C

I got half of my wishes and the irony is those eagles fans are now coming to Minnesota.
Another Eagles Fan Arrested for Punching a Horse

The Philadelphia Police claim there were few incidents during and after the game but Minnesota fans are disputing that. One Viking fan claims to have protested rough treatment and the police apologized and said their jail transports were already full.   :)

Raider Bill

I watched the first game of the season and a few minutes of the second, enough to see the disrespect shown by the NFL. I have not seen any NFL since.

My Raider bike has not come out of the garage all season. I will give them next season to get themselves fixed and realigned with our country or there will be a new paint scheme in the Shovelheads future.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018/01/22/nfl-rejects-veterans-groups-ad-urging-people-to-stand-for-anthem.html
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

starmac

Raider Bill, I have not heard anything about the kneeling for a while, I was under the impression that it has pretty much stopped. It also seems like Dallas and maybe Miami expressed notions of firing those that thought they had to take a knee, maybe others did too, just sorta of out of the limelight.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

Raider Bill

starmac

Thanks, looks like I was wrong on all accounts.

Corley5

I'm far from being a sports fan unless the activity involves guns or to a lesser extent fish.  That being said the ONLY football game of the year I used to watch was the Super Bowl and I haven't done that in a few years.  After the spectacle this season it's likely that I'll never watch again.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

timberking

Been off NFL this whole season.  Maybe saw one total quarter of the Cowboys.  Haven't missed it at all.  Superbowl will be the biggest stage to reignite some protest or another.  And don't get me started on the halftime "entertainment".  As my coworker says "If I could do less for pro football, I would."

sandhills

I played football in highschool for 4 years, never followed the NFL until last year when our we hoped to be sil was killed in an auto accident, he was a HUGE Packers fan.  After this year I know I won't ever follow it. I remember picking up players be it teammates or opponents after a play seems to me country and sportsmanship go hand in hand so to speak.  Rant over, I'll go watch a highschool game any day of the week, they aren't getting paid millions and working just as hard if not harder for those spots. 

runmca

we're going to skip the SB this year, maybe go to the movies.

Would rather watch English football, hey dgdrls, go Potters!

gspren

Well the Eagles took it! I'm not so much happy for the Eagles as I'm happy that NE lost. The best part of the game was 2 bowls of chili, a bbq sandwich, corn chips, etc, etc, and a nice selection of beverages, non-alcoholic.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

sawguy21

I'm not a big NFL fan but SB is a good excuse for a party. Chili, hot dogs, smokies, chips and dip with beverage of choice and good company made it fun. The game was very entertaining, one of the best I have seen. They actually got creative instead of the usual run, run, pass, punt.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

DPatton

TimberKing 1600, 30' gooseneck trailer, Chevy HD2500, Echo Chainsaw, 60" Logrite.

Work isn't so bad when you enjoy what your doing.
D & S Sawmill Services

Gary_C

Question: Why didn't Brady catch that pass?

Answer 1: Too much hand lotion.

Answer 2: Too much air in the ball.

Answer 3: White men can't jump.

Answer 4: Karma

starmac

#5 He thought someone was close enough to tackle him before he could get out of bounds.

I don't know why he didn't catch it, but I almost fell out of my chair when old second string caught his, and for a touchdown too.

Raider Bill

Now I know who won.
Everyone in the office boycotted the NFL this year, nobody was talking about it this morning.
Hopefully by next season things will have changed. I doubt it though.

Roxie

Last night was the first football game I've watched since August 2016 when Colin Kaepernick sat through the National Anthem.  When the dude kneeled and others followed, I stayed away. 

There was no posturing last night, and the Eagles in the Super Bowl is rare as hen's teeth, and they have never won so, at 6 PM I assumed the position with chips and salsa by my side. 

That was hands down, the best football game I've ever seen.  My former top ranked game was Super Bowl III in 1969, and yes, this topped it. 
Say when

starmac

I have never watched enough football to be qualified to actually say how good the game was compared to all others, but did think it was good.  It was not as rough as I remember games back in the 70's, no fights at all, I guess you could say it was boring from that stand point.
It did seem like the teames was pretty evenly matched for the most part.

dgdrls

Quote from: runmca on January 24, 2018, 12:52:37 PM
we're going to skip the SB this year, maybe go to the movies.

Would rather watch English football, hey dgdrls, go Potters!

And you run a swingmill,!!!

D

Thank You Sponsors!