iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Helloo Helloo!

Started by Jeff, January 27, 2018, 08:03:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

You can't tell from that picture, but that is one steep ridge, and my legs are pretty much hanging down. No where for a chair there.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Magicman

We did use MagicChairs in a couple of other locations.   ;)

Here we are set up on what I call Turkey Ridge, but we saw no turkeys.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Magicman

I'm having a struggle with my computer.  This laptop has no memory and is struggling.  I have a brand new laptop and I hope that what is wrong with it is that it is downloading all of the MS, etc. stuff.  Anyway all of the lights are on and blinking but it ain't working.   :-\

Now back to where I was, Yes, we did eat.

Pat and Marty came so we had us a Shrimp Boil, so we did not do too shabby BigZ La.  food6

Here Jeff, Marty, and I toast Shrimp before digging in. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jeff

Monday is also the day we went and found the grave of the man buried standing up.  An old graveyard you would never know was there if you didn't know it was there.  A guy named Len Davis showed me where it was and I took a few pictures. Yes, Len Davis. I guess that is his get your name in the paper name. :D

READ ABOUT HIM HERE: LINK: http://www.msnewsnow.com/story/6666091/look-around-ms-graveyard

I took some pictures. The mound is where Ephrem Woods stands awaiting for the return of his savior.  :)

Oh! We are getting ahead of ourselves!   Saturday Evening's Supper!   Elk Loin, slaw, and baked tater. :)

paul case

life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

pineywoods

Jeff, did Lynn tell you about Natchez-under-the-hill ?

1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Jeff

I think we were standing over it, but not sure he did. I await the informing. :)

Magicman

Can't help it if the reporter guy spelled my name wrong, Len Lynn.  That was my first encounter with Fake News.  :)  That Cherrybark Oak growing out of Ephraim's grave was about 4" diameter when I was a teenager.

Yes we went to Natchez-Under-the-Hill.  The first picture in Reply #19 was taken from there.

coxy

we have a Chinese guy buried standing up in one of our local cemetery's over looking the famous junction pool fishing spot here   

WDH

When the mention of gifts was made, I immediately flashed back to that pickled baloney when I was at the cabin last year  :) :) :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Jeff

Magicman

Pickled Baloney is probably what killed Ephraim and also why he was buried standing up.   :o

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on January 27, 2018, 09:55:06 PM
Pickled Baloney is probably what killed Ephraim and also why he was buried standing up.   :o

I guess he swallered it hook, line and sinker.  :D :D :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Corley5

Which brand is inferior?  Or was it a defective batch ???
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Jeff

Ebels tastes awful. didn't know that.  Not as all like the Koeglels we usually get

Magicman

We spent every evening in the Straw House from which this video was made.
https://youtu.be/sv-pKi4thlc
Is it time to eat again?   ???

Jeff

Time to eat!  I think this was Tuesday evening. Stuffed pork chops! They were stuffed with a crab shrimp mixture. Very tasty. We also had a bowl full of pecan muffins we worked in for a few days.

This was also the evening I joined Lynn's "opted not to shoot" club. A very nice buck if it were at home. I had the joy of watching him walk in and walk out. The night before we had two good ones come in right at dark, but just couldn't be sure how good.

thecfarm

All sounds like a mighty fine time.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Corley5

Koegel's is what in our fridge  ;D :)  I tried Ebel's once and was disappointed :(
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Jeff

I accidentally alienated friends from a northern delicacy by giving them an inferior version. I'm convinced they'd like the koegels, or at the very least, not hate it!

Magicman

Jeff in the Straw House

Jeff

On another food related note, I noticed this distinctively green patch in the Magicman woods and asked what it was and to investigate. Lynn told me it  was known to him as wild onion.   I sampled some and now I wish I had a patch!

Chuck White

Looks like CHIVES!

Wouldn't be surprised that is what it actually is!

Should be able to get some from any of the seed catalogs!

Just take a small sampling from Lynn's patch and get them in the ground, or in a flower pot when you get back home!

A very hardy plant!

They will spread as they grow year after year, dig some of them, replant them and make your plot bigger, faster!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

PA_Walnut

That looks like an awesome visit! Food, exploring and friends. I did not, however, note any bourbon talk or pictures. What's happening down there? MM, I'm sure you MUST know of some stills out there in the woods.   :o :D
I own my own small piece of the world on an 8 acre plot on the side of a mountain with walnut, hickory, ash and spruce.
LT40HD Wide 35HP Diesel
Peterson Dedicated Wide Slabber
Kubota M62 Tractor/Backhoe
WoodMizer KD250 Kiln
Northland 800 Kiln

thecfarm

If they are chives let me know. I will send a bunch of plants your way. They sure do spread.
I also have garlic ones too. They don't spread as quick. I don't have many garlic,yet.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!