iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Finding an FF member

Started by kelLOGg, February 02, 2018, 08:42:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kelLOGg

How do you find a member when all you know is the town he is near? I don't know his name, nickname, email, anything. The SEARCH function did not help.

The reason this came up is that I was at the Southern Farm show in Raleigh, NC and met a lumber supplier from a town I recognized as one where a FF member lives. This dealer was not a FF member so he wasn't the one. 
Cook's MP-32, 20HP, 20' (modified w/ power feed, up/down, loader/turner)
DH kiln, CatClaw setter and sharpener, tandem trailer, log arch, tractor, thumb tacks

newoodguy78

If you know his forum "name" maybe send a private message? Good luck

Chuck White

Maybe just start a thread with the title reading "Member in xxxxxxxxxxxx", the x's being the name of the town!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Hilltop366

Woodcutter_Mo

X2 on sending a private message to the member, they may not want their exact personal shown publically on the internet.
-WoodMizer LT25
-592XP full wrap, 372XP, 550XP, 455 Rancher, RedMax GZ3500T
-Fixer-uppers/projects:
024AV, MS260, MS361, MS460, Shindaiwa 488, 394XPG

dgdrls

Quote from: Hilltop366 on February 03, 2018, 08:32:56 AM
Could try the "members map".

Hilltop366 I thought the same, took a look and the function starts but then sends an error,
does it work for you?

D

Hilltop366

Your right.  I get "Unable to read the map pin data, result was - 500" after a few seconds.

kelLOGg

Members map doesn't work for me either. That would be the ideal way. Can't send a PM - don't know his name or email address.
Cook's MP-32, 20HP, 20' (modified w/ power feed, up/down, loader/turner)
DH kiln, CatClaw setter and sharpener, tandem trailer, log arch, tractor, thumb tacks

dgdrls

Jeff advised the server change gave the user map function some challenges to be ironed-out

D

Jeff

I have the ability to search things you guys can't, like location, but I need more then a state. A town might narrow it if the member ever added it to his profile
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Thank You Sponsors!