iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Please excuse the dust in the air

Started by Jeff, February 06, 2018, 09:41:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

terrifictimbersllc

Quote from: Jeff on February 11, 2018, 01:35:23 PM
I can't please everyone I guess.  I've had dozens of reports now how well that things are now working on a phone. By your description, I really have no clue what you are experiencing. Once again, if you have not deleted all forum content from your browser cache cookies, bookmarks, you may continue to have problems.
Not complaining, grateful to be here.  Sorry if it sounded so.  Maybe someone can tell me how to get around this problem on my iPhone.   I have made some pictures of what is happening to illustrate that I find it difficult to type in posts on my i-phone because I can't see what I'm typing.  I have cleared my history and cookies etc in Safari.  This is what happens.

(Photo below)  I have the cursor positioned to type, no problem.

(Photo below). Immediately after the first keystroke the FF frame resets to this (and I continue to type some more not seeing what I am typing):

(Photo below) A simple swipe upwards in the FF frame brings up what I was typing, fine   

(Photo below) I type another keystroke and the same thing, I can't see what I am typing.   It is very tedious for me to post text.

DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Jeff

That looks like the old mobile view from the link on the bottom of the page, not the responsive view I am working on.  What does your forum look like on the index page?

terrifictimbersllc

Quote from: Jeff on February 11, 2018, 02:50:22 PM
That looks like the old mobile view from the link on the bottom of the page, not the responsive view I am working on.  What does your forum look like on the index page?
Do you mean this page?

DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Jeff

:D :D Yea, that.  You are not even using the work I have been doing. I have not touched that. It is the way that it has always been. Go to the bottom of the screen and click full site.  Make sure you delete all of you old cookies and stuff first in case you have not done that on the phone.

terrifictimbersllc

Don't think I've felt this way since I forgot my pencil first day of 7th grade.   :-\ :-\ :-\.   :laugh:  I thought i was on top of things since I have Accuset 2.

Reread comments up to Weekley post above.  Lesson-don't use the mobile version and fix your phone so mobile version doesnt come up anymore.   I was deleting history & cookies but now went back and actually deleted my treasured FF bookmarks, cleared history, cookies on my laptop and phone again, since they share bookmarks via i-cloud,  and restored new ones.  Now I get the full site on my iPhone.

Jeff

The big question is, how does it work now??

Southside

Jeff - somehow when you were saying that you were going to post a picture I figured it would be of food... :D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Kbeitz

I can say one thing... The post has really picked up. I read all the post
on sawmills, woodworking and general. The last few weeks I been having
a tough time keeping up.
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Ljohnsaw

Jeff,
A question about the notification arrows (the ones chasing each other's tail):
When I first come on (I use Show New Replies to Your Posts as my link), the arrows just go and go and go.  They never seem to stop and change to the tree.  When I click on a link in my list, sometimes I see them change to the tree (and possibly a red number) if the screen doesn't change too fast and then the screen changes to the post I clicked on.  While it is loading that page, the notification tree is usually present (and possibly a red number) and the page jumps down to the most recent post (like it should).

If I scroll back to the top, I can click the notification.  If I hit Back to go back to the "new replies" screen, the notification arrows start chasing again.  And the process repeats.  Rarely, it seems, the arrows switch to the tree (the hot link).  Is that code chewing up CPU?  When you posted the Wayback link, I could see the Notifications process running a lot.

Edit:  Wasn't the Wayback thread - some other thread...
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Jeff

It's because you are using back. Back means back. Back a page is the same as back in history and back in time. If it sticks, refresh. This may happen if you have the forum open in multiple tabs as well.

Ljohnsaw

OK.  I figured Back would take me back to the Cached content of that page, saving a query to the DB.  Guess not.  If I hit my FF link to take me to a "fresh" Show New Replies, I get the same chasing arrows that go on for as long as I watch.  Just trying to figure out if this is a bug that is wasting CPU cycles on you.  The only time I have multiple tabs for the FF open is when I'm adding pictures to a post.
John Sawicky

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Jeff

If the arrowed circle is flashing, it means you are not connected to the website. Usually a disconnect from going back in time.

Ljohnsaw

Quote from: Jeff on February 12, 2018, 09:00:16 PM
If the arrowed circle is flashing, it means you are not connected to the website. Usually a disconnect from going back in time.
Not sure if that is an auto correct or not.  No, not flashing, chasing (going round and round).
John Sawicky

Jeff

Ljohnsaw

OK, here's a new one!  I don't know what I did, but when I got a notification (red box with white #1 in it), I clicked on the lollypop tree and then the link.  Now my FF bookmark in my bookmark menu has changed - it is the FF logo (green tree in front of the sun?) but has a red box with a #1 hanging on the right bottom!
John Sawicky

Jeff

You can get alerts for things even if you are not on the forestry forum webpage, but on a different one. One of the thingsthat happens is, you get a red spot in the forestry forum favicon (address bar icon). It coincides with the red number by the tree. If on another site, you may get a corner screen notification too, assuming you selected to allow notifications from the forestry forum.

Ljohnsaw

OK, but the Favicon is still showing the "1" after I've acknowledged the notifications...
John Sawicky

Jeff

Kbeitz

The only hicup I see is probably my fault. Some times I click on
the orange NEW box beside the post the screen changes to the new post
but it sometimes goes to far down the screen and I have to move up to read
the beginning of the post. I don't remember it doing this before. It only
does this about 1/3rd of the time.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Jeff

Quote from: Kbeitz on February 17, 2018, 11:56:10 AM
The only hicup I see is probably my fault. Some times I click on
the orange NEW box beside the post the screen changes to the new post
but it sometimes goes to far down the screen and I have to move up to read
the beginning of the post. I don't remember it doing this before. It only
does this about 1/3rd of the time.

What did I tell you about the line breaks in your posting? You agreed not to do it! It blows the format on mobile devices! QUIT IT!

The jump is a bug due to the addition of the related topics that appear under the posts. I am looking for a fix.

Kbeitz

Old typewriter habit... I'll put a post up sticker on my screen.
Sorry.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

sandhills

Quote from: Jeff on February 14, 2018, 08:39:38 PM
You can get alerts for things even if you are not on the forestry forum webpage, but on a different one. One of the thingsthat happens is, you get a red spot in the forestry forum favicon (address bar icon). It coincides with the red number by the tree. If on another site, you may get a corner screen notification too, assuming you selected to allow notifications from the forestry forum.
There are other sites on this thing??  :D  I don't care to go there  :)

Jeff

I created and posted a new video tutorial on posting photos this morning I the help section.

Posting a photo on The Forestry Forum - YouTube

Ljohnsaw

This is going to sound strange but I think I've narrowed it down to the FF...  I'm running FireFox 58.0.2.  When I visit CraigsList and view an item that has multiple pictures, I can hover over the edge of the first one and click the arrows to scroll through them or hover over (or click) the thumbnails and that changes the full size one.

After some time of viewing the FF (maybe related to clicking on alerts??), when I go back to CL, the pictures act funny.  Hovering no longer works and the arrows to scroll went away.  If I click on a thumbnail, it goes to a new page and has just the picture.  I have to hit back to get to the CL post to look at any other pictures.

If I close the browser completely, it all goes back to normal.

Any ideas?
John Sawicky

Thank You Sponsors!