iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

you guys ever seen one of these ?

Started by BargeMonkey, September 30, 2014, 12:02:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BargeMonkey

Its getting its heart yanked out, but before I scrap it and find that someones desperately looking for a part for theirs thats out back, I guess they are rare. Not looking to make money,  just asking in case someone has one and needs some parts that dont exist anymore. 

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

enigmaT120

I've wanted one of those for a long time.  That's the same company that made the front axles for my '58 Chevy Napco, which I converted to 4WD.  Even when Chevy started offering factory 4WD in '57 or '58, they used Napco running gear until they came out with their own in 1960.

Does the crab steering stuff still work? 

When I say I want one, keep in mind that's a pretty big rig for me and my 32 acres.  It's a pipe dream.  A little crawler would probably be more useful for me.

There are a bunch of owner manuals for those on the web, I have some printed out.  Advertising literature, anyway.  Here's a link to one thread on them, on our Napco forum:

http://napco4x4.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=639

Ed Miller
Falls City, Or

loggah

Thats a nice looking old tractor,why pull it apart ????looks like its got Clark axles to me,someone with a old 75 or 85 Michigan loader could want them for parts. Don
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

treeslayer2003

Quote from: loggah on September 30, 2014, 04:05:47 PM
Thats a nice looking old tractor,why pull it apart ????looks like its got Clark axles to me,someone with a old 75 or 85 Michigan loader could want them for parts. Don
yup and those planetarys will fit some clark skidders..........my 664 is the same and yes i have put 75 michigan planetarys in it.

BargeMonkey

It says NAPCO on the housings, I didnt know what it would fit. Its sitting at a friend of mine's house out by Cape Cod, runs and drives but forward is iffy I guess. I was getting it just for the spare 353 power plant, and had to throw it out there, before she makes her way to the scrap pile in the sky. I hadnt seen one before and I guess its like hens teeth for parts,

lopet

I hate to see stuff like that going to the scrappers  :(  but that's the way things go.
Lots of goodies on her , for what I can see in the pictures.
No , just kidding , the Mrs thinks we don't need anymore goodies parked in the weeds, but if it's just around the corner, than we normally get in to a argument. ;D
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

enigmaT120

I posted a link to this thread on our Napco forum, so if anybody wants to rescue it (minus motor, I guess) I'll be a go-between.

What's that box on the back, just for weight?

Here's a link to the brochures we have for Napco Crabs:

http://www.napco4x4.org/index_016.htm

Ed Miller
Falls City, Or

coxy

barge monkey i know where there is one a little bigger then that not to far from your house ;D   are you going to have it at your place or scrapping it there

BargeMonkey

Im going to go pick it up one of these times home, its out on Cape Cod, its nothing im going to use. We dragged a loader similar to that off the island a few years ago but because it didnt have a certified ROPS / FOPS cab we couldnt use it in one of our gravel pits. Im hoping its just a plugged filter, I guess it has trouble going forward sometimes.   With everyone here on the FF being into so much different stuff and having equipment I figured I would ask, in case she meets the carbon arc and I think the parts for these dont exist anymore. We have 2 cletracs we are restoring, a restored 23'TT ford truck, and ive got my eye on a mid 60's ? Straight 350 deere diesel I want to restore.

loggah

What models are the cletracs? i used to have a bunch of them ,now i'm down to 2 BGSH models and a model FDE.
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

BargeMonkey

Quote from: loggah on October 03, 2014, 08:21:00 PM
What models are the cletracs? i used to have a bunch of them ,now i'm down to 2 BGSH models and a model FDE.

I cant remember the models, thats the 36' ag model. My father started out with one of those in the early 70's cutting logs. The other one is a 53' with a blade, 6cyl gas. My father has his eye on a 1918' I believe, square front sitting in the weeds in Hudson NY. How much do you have in the way of cleatrac parts ?
You should see the pile of iron out in my gf's back yard. Her grandfather was a small excavation guy, but saved everything. 5-6 old dozers, a couple international dump trucks, i bet probably 15 pieces of older iron. He was killed in the driveway in 94' and the stuff has basically sat since then.

loggah

I junked out 4 old cletracs in the last couple years,at one time i had 30 antique crawler tractors, down to 7 now.Most all of the cletrac parts are gone,i do have some bgsh parts. i had a AG6 and a spare  motor for one ,and sold it to a friend.I have a Cat 35 and a Allis-Chalmers model K im thinking about selling,just dont have time to fix them all.I see your AG has a belt pulley on the pto, i do have one of those if you need any parts for it. Don

chester_tree _farmah

Quote from: enigmaT120 on October 02, 2014, 02:03:15 PM
I posted a link to this thread on our Napco forum, so if anybody wants to rescue it (minus motor, I guess) I'll be a go-between.

What's that box on the back, just for weight?

Here's a link to the brochures we have for Napco Crabs:

http://www.napco4x4.org/index_016.htm

Very cool. Oblique steering.  The top pic looks like it is rigged up for skidding.
254xp
C4B Can-Car Tree Farmer
Ford 1720 4wd loader hoe

philmcd

I have one of those with a backhoe on back!  I've used it for 20 years in a stone business loading 100's of tons of stone. They are beasts! How much? I junked my other parts unit, like a fool, but could use another. I'm in eastern WV.

Thank You Sponsors!