iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Where do "Mystery Logs" come from?

Started by GareyD, July 07, 2005, 09:33:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GareyD

I've only had the Mighty Mite for a few months now and haven't told anybody except for the forum members that I even had it....came in from work today and look what I found in the driveway

don't have any idea where they came from or who left them...does anybody here want to confess to hauling me a bunch of logs down here in Georgia ??? ???
The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best friends, if they're okay, then it's you.

Fla._Deadheader

The "Tree Fairy"  smiley_ghost smiley_bouncing
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

WV_hillbilly

Garey you had better cut them up real fast  or they could start multipling . :D     If ya keep this up you'll be like Kirk Allen .
Hillbilly

Bibbyman

That kind of thing happens to us from time to time.  We've got to where we just put them aside and sooner or later someone will call or drop by and tell us what they want from them.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Daren

Yup, the tree fairy does visit every once and awhile. 1 or 2 are usually gift logs or swap for slab for firewood, a driveway full someone will surely call. (unless it rains logs in Ga., wouldn't want to be outside during a downpour- ouch)
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Kirk_Allen

Welcome to sawmill ownership!  8) 8) 8)

I cant tell you the number of great logs people have given me for free.  When I tell them they can have all the slab wood they want the seem to be on a mission to find more trees.  8)

DanG

Well, I can say for sure that I didn't do it.  I do have some that I mighta done that with, but that ain't them. :D  Cut'em up and sell'em real quick!
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

woodmills1

does the tree fairy leave a dollar on your pillow? :P :P
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Bibbyman

Quote from: woodmills1 on July 07, 2005, 11:14:04 PM
does the tree fairy leave a dollar on your pillow? :P :P
No, but I've found acorns in my boots I've left on the front porch over night.   :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Gilman

Garey,
Just want to be able to visualize this correctly.  Were these dropped in the one and only driveway to your place, or on a secondary driveway leading to your sawmill?  I promise I won't grin ear to ear if it was the only driveway to your house and you had to drive through the grass to get home.  ;D ;D
WM LT70, WM 40 Super, WM  '89 40HD
Cat throwing champion 1996, 1997, 1999. (retired)

Furby

Quote from: Gilman on July 08, 2005, 02:48:17 AM
Garey,
Just want to be able to visualize this correctly. Were these dropped in the one and only driveway to your place, or on a secondary driveway leading to your sawmill? I promise I won't grin ear to ear if it was the only driveway to your house and you had to drive through the grass to get home. ;D ;D

Maybe you won't Gilman, but I will!
smiley_big-grin2

GareyD

QuoteThe "Tree Fairy"
Glad she didn't leave em under my pillow ;D

QuoteIf ya keep this up you'll be like Kirk Allen .
Does that mean I gotta wear a monkey on my hat ??? :D

QuoteNo, but I've found acorns in my boots I've left on the front porch over night.
With the new puppy the missus brought home, If I leave my boots outside on the porch...the next morning I don't find any acorns...in fact, I usually can't find my boots :D :D

QuoteJust want to be able to visualize this correctly.  Were these dropped in the one and only driveway to your place, or on a secondary driveway leading to your sawmill?  I promise I won't grin ear to ear if it was the only driveway to your house and you had to drive through the grass to get home.
Them logs was left on the "other" driveway...good thing too!...we was in my wifes hyperdrive, supersonic Expedition...it loses traction on the grass :) :) :)

QuoteMaybe you won't Gilman, but I will!
Careful now Furby, ya might hurt my feelin's :'( ;) :D

I could unnerstand people leaving logs in the drive, but, nobody local that knows I have the mill has anyway of movin them logs...they would of had to pay someone to move em...ya would think that they would have called me to move em...that's what makes this a mystery...I guess the butler did it :D :D :D
The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best friends, if they're okay, then it's you.

dail_h

Shoot,ain't nothin odd 'bout that,least once a month,mystery logs show up at my place.I just take Spud,put'em in a pile to theyselves,an wait. Sure enough,won't be long till someone wants to know when their lumber will be ready ???
World Champion Wildcat Sorter,1999 2002 2004 2005
      Volume Discount At ER
Singing The Song Of Circle Again

Thank You Sponsors!