iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New member introduction

Started by TeenSwinger, July 16, 2005, 10:26:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TeenSwinger

My name is Jacob and I am 16 years old and am the son of Tn_man. I am trying to post a pic here but don't know if I can figure this out. I bought a Peterson ATS 827 at the Sawlex show and have already cut about 4 mbft with it. I have got several other jobs lined up in the next few weeks, thanks to my dad's help. I have enjoyed all the information that I have learned here and figured that it was time to join in.
Peterson ATS 827  Nyle L200  Ebac 800  Bridgewood M-562

AtLast

8) Welcome aboard ( no pun) Keep up the good work....you had a good teacher and many more excellant " teachers" right here on the FF. Have fun ...be safe and HAPPY MILLING!!!! 8)

Fla._Deadheader

Well Howdy, Teen Swinger.  8)  I was watchin ya get the training on that machine. Sounds like you got it figured out and are gettin on down the road.  Congratulations for getting the saw and getting the jobs.  8) 8)

Picture posting is easy. There is a post on the "Behind the Forum" topics board, on how to do the whole picture posting thingy. Can't wait to see what you have accomplished.  8) 8) ;D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

TeenSwinger

Thanks for the welcome!
I don't know if I would describe the pic posting as easy. I got one pic on my gallery and that is as far as I could get it.
Dead_header.
I enjoyed meeting and talking with you at the show.
NestleRite (sp?),
I submitted my invention to Inventech yesterday. We will see how that goes.

Fla._Deadheader

Jacob, once the photo is in the gallery, yer nearly done. Open the gallery, find the photo, right under the photo will be a tiny line of print. That is what you copy and paste into your post. You can highlight it yourself, OR click on the link right below that and it will highlight the tiny print.

Now, go to your post and paste it. YER DUNN.   :)

I had forgotten about that invention you were working on. Good Luck with that.  ;) ;) :)
   First, it is ridiculed;

Jeff

Hey Jacob!  Good to have you on.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Timburr

Welcome to the greatest forum on earth 8)
Another swinger eh! ;D  Looks like you already have sawdust in your veins, which will remain for the next 50 or so years ;)
You only have another 3 years as 'Teen Swinger' :D :D
Sense is not common

thedeeredude

Howdy howdy teenswinger.  Its good to know there's another yungin on the board, but I feel outdone, I don't even have a chainsaw let alone a sawmill. 

Norm

Welcome to the FF Jacob! :)

Once you get the hang of picture posting I'm looking forward to seeing your mill and some of the jobs you've cut.

Paul_H

Welcome Jacob.

I went in to your members gallery and had a look.Nice mill you've got there.
What kind of log were you sawing?
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

TeenSwinger

Here is another try to post my pic.
This is a 48" red oak that had some beautiful wood in it. It was alot of fun cutting up.
I was going to add that I am going into my junior year of high school and that my parents home-school me.
Thanks for the warm welcome.

Buzz-sawyer

Hi Jacob
Your name sounds like your a real babe magnet ;) :D :D :D
Keep after the business" the diligent are sucessful"
Jason is the Sawyer with the lighter beard ;)

HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Fla._Deadheader

JACOB, Good job  ;) 8) 8)  Nice pic, nice log. Looks a little BLUE.  ;D ;D
   First, it is ridiculed;

Paul_H

We'll be looking forward to more pictures and posts.
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Jeff

Hey buss sawder and floral medbetter, the fellows name is "Jacob" not jason.  :D

Way ta post a pic there JACOB>!

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Buzz-sawyer

JACOB
Sorry for nixing your mame up :-[ :-[ :-[ :)
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Norm

It's ok Buzz, with this heat lately and all that hair your sporting I'm sure your just overheated. :D

Kirk_Allen

Welcom aboard!  It was a real pleasure meeting you and your Dad at the show.

Did you ever get that surfing issue squared away on the old WM?  

Hey Dad, I bet your smiling from ear to ear!  Way to go.  You got a fine boy there!  

woodbeard

Hey Jacob! Good to see you here, and even better to hear you got your mill!
I met you and your dad at the Peterson expo in Fairview last year. I remember you were thinking pretty seriously about getting one back then. And now here you are in bigger wood than I have ever set a blade to!
Congrats!!

Ernie

Welcome Jacob

I home schooled my kids and they turned out great too :)

Glad to see you're off to a great start. Sawdust sure is the best addiction that you could develop.

Best of luck for the future.
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

fstedy

WELCOME JACOB
                                                      smiley_biggrin01
Its great to see an industrious young person these days. Hope you have a lot of sucess with your new endevor. I'm sure you will.
Timberking B-20   Retired and enjoying every minute of it.
Former occupations Electrical Lineman, Airline Pilot, Owner operator of Machine Shop, Slot Machine Technician and Sawmill Operator.
I know its a long story!!!

Furby

smiley_thumbsup
Welcome!

You've already cut more wood then me. :-\

pigman

Welcome Jacob.  Good looking mill and log. Great job on the picture. 8) At only 11k bytes it is still clear. Some of these dudes put  a bunch of pictures with 30k bytes each and it takes my sloooow connection 30 minutes to down load them.   ;D 
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Daren

Hey Jacob, you got a 20 year jump on me. Happy safe sawing.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

dewwood

Jacob I remember meeting you at Sawlex and how excited you were about your mill.  I am glad to see that you got it home ok and that you are making sawdust with it.  Does Dad help with the sawing or do you not even let him get close to it?  Hope you have many years of happy sawing!

Dewey
Selling hardwood lumber, doing some sawing and drying, growing the next generation of trees and enjoying the kids and grandkids.

Thank You Sponsors!