iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

engine remote kill switch

Started by first shirt, January 25, 2009, 08:56:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

first shirt

Any suggestions on where I can purchase a remote kill switch for my sawmill?  I have a M14 Foley Bell Saw which is powered by a Massey Ferguson 135 tractor. Thank you.....

Dan_Shade

is your tractor gas or deisel?

If it's gas, you can wire a switch into the ignition to shut it off relatively easily.  If it's a deisel, you'll have to shut off the injector pump, or choke off the air intake.

I'm assuming this is a safety feature you are wanting to add to your mill?
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

bandmiller2

First shirt,just copy how the tractor shuts down, Ignition ,cable or solenoid and run it over where you can reach it.Whats handy is a remote dissconect for the PTO,rather than shutting down the tractor.Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Slabs

Gasoline or Diesel is still the big question.

If gasoline, a remoted switch to short the points will do the job.  Remove the short as soon as the engine stops to avoid overheating the coil.

If diesel, may be a bit more complicated.  Some of the 135 diesels required the driver to lift up the kill handle and pull because there was a keyhole slot and an accidental shut down blocker on the shaft between the knob and fuel injector pump-not a cable as in some modles.  A gadget to hold the kill shaft up so that it will slide thru the keyhole and a cable to the operating position of the sawmill might work or might cause accidental shutdown due to vibration.  A good gadgeteer could come up with something.

Good luck
Slabs  : Offloader, slab and sawdust Mexican, mill mechanic and electrician, general flunky.  Woodshop, metal woorking shop and electronics shop.

Thank You Sponsors!