iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Birds nest

Started by Jeff, February 21, 2019, 03:52:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doc henderson

those connectors sound great. Car sounds great.  When you say "kill the fuel pump"  are you just rewiring it.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Jeff

Adding a tach relay. Relay when triggered runs fuel pump 3 seconds. Then stops until the engine fires. The relay is wired to the tach lead. It will energize the pump as long as there is tach signal. If the engine dies, the relay closes killing the pump.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

doc henderson

Is that safety incase of crash ect?
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Jeff

Yes. You need a way to shut the fuel off. A mechanical pump obviously stops when the engine does. This one wired to a hot toggle scares me.

doc henderson

thanks, it is good to learn something everyday.  Great car and glad it is maken you happy!  in the old days there was room under your seat.  my bother had a metal drawer under his seat with a switch that ran off the tail light current.  it had a solenoid style latch like for rods with the shaved doors.  the drawer was spring loaded to open when the latch was triggered.  he kept his self defense weapon in there.  If he was at the side of the road, he could flip the switch, and then if he touched the brake , the drawer/gun safe popped open from under the seat between his legs.  secure, but easy access.

Jeff

They make a switch that works on loss of oil pressure as well, but I figure the less little oil lines running about the better 

Jeff

Anyone know what the extra blue and green wire might be for on the electric fan relay?  They are just folded up and taped to the harness.  There is a black ground, an orange power to the fan, a red power to the battery, and a grey wire going to the temp sensor in the intake manifold. I have no idea what the unused wires would be for.

AZ_builder

Could it be for an A/C system? They'll usually turn the fan on when the ac compressor turns on.

Jeff

What might I use this for? :)

Jeff

What better way to start to clean up automotive wiring than with a travel soap dish.

This is to convert part of this mess, multiple wires with inline fuses, to one battery feed wire to three self resetting breakers for fan, waterpump and fuel pump.

Jeff

It's  getting better.

LAZERDAN

How do you like the crimper ? i never knew anyone who had one. I like the battery terminal.

Jeff

Used it just once to make that 2ga cable. Got it for less than 25 bucks at harbor freight. I have some winch cables to fix, so I figure it will get used more. I have some ground cables to make yet as well.

doc henderson

looks like the right tool for the job.  You are doing it right.  If you use it 25 times in your life, that is only $1 per connection.

AZ_builder

I like clean wiring and your looks clean! Most folks would just add to the nest, I'm glad you have pride! Now you just need to get an interstate battery in that car to run all the extras :-) 

Peter Drouin

Cleaned up nicely, Never seen a double hot fixture like that.  smiley_thumbsup
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Jeff

I have my homemade relay box finished and mounted. I also added a ground bus. The old wiring had grounds run all over. This allows the grounding of all those go fast electrical components to be grounded right next to the relays eliminating a lot of wire runs.

LAZERDAN

Very Nice and nicely done. The rubbers gonna hit the road soon.

Jeff

I have one more wire to connect for the waterpump feed, then time to start testing circuits. That's a lot a crazy for a 48 year old car.

Jeff

I need to touch the before pic back in here. Glad I took a picture, as I don't remember it being that bad!

AZ_builder

You act like you've done this before lol

Jeff

AZ_builder

Looks like you need to buy my 25 dodge brothers truck that I don't have time to fix! 

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!