iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Birds nest

Started by Jeff, February 21, 2019, 03:52:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Quote from: AZ_builder on March 20, 2019, 10:04:58 PM
Looks like you need to buy my 25 dodge brothers truck that I don't have time to fix!
Its not nice to temp. :D   Lets see some pics! Pretty sure Don P has an engine that would go in it.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Jeff

Checking all systems.
MSD ignition: check
Water pump: check
Electric fan: Check.
Fuel pump control: check
Ignition!
Forestryforum checking systems mustang - YouTube

Brad_bb

You forgot the Nitrous....and the hotplate in the trunk for cooking Grits on the road.
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

Jeff

So, I turned my attention to the horn. Lots of evil under the dash! 
No hill for a climber. I took the front seat out so I could get in there under the dash. Those wires are coming from the steering column. 
I can make all kinds of things work by wiggling that mess!

doc henderson

Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

newoodguy78

Be careful you don't let the smoke out of something it's hard to get back in :D

Jeff

Lucky that didn't happen before to the previous owner(s).  I actually enjoy doing this stuff. As long as its not a broken vehicle that I have to fix in order to get around in. No joy in that at all!

hacknchop

Jeff I really enjoy what your doing with that mustang my older  brother restored cars that he had bought from guys who restored cars but the difference is that Art would get the cars what he called show ready not only safer but way easier on the eyes as well . Do you take to any of the shows nearby like Traverse City ? I think your doing a great job bringing that car up to much higher level show car and ride.
    Thank you for including us in on your time in the garage. 

Often wrong never indoubt

Old Greenhorn

That's not a birds nest, it is a spider web. Geez what a mess. Making stuff like this look good, neat, and proper can give on a lot of joy, but oh the time it does consume. Somebody was in a real hurry when they created that mess.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Jeff

I could read his technique as I unraveled that. Make a (bad)splice, make a wrap with the tape, make another (bad)splice, make another wrap, and so on. One long piece of black tape. :D   I'm having some eye and ear issues along with a stiff neck all on my right side, so I'm only doing a little at a time on this. For the life of me I can't understand why that splice is there, unless he changed columns and the new column did not have a connector. The splices multi connector is on the column side. I easily unplugged it so I could work on it. I'll have to take a close look at the condition of the wire I have left to work with on that connector. I have plenty of length on the other side, in fact once repaired I'll need to find a place to secure it up out of the way.

Jeff

Quote from: hacknchop on March 22, 2019, 12:19:15 PMDo you take to any of the shows nearby like Traverse City

Just a few little "good ole boy" shows around here we have been to. The kind where they get together and vote for the guy that is due to get a trophy versus the car.   My kids both live in Cadillac and want us to go up there in June to the back to the bricks show. That's a little far for Mr. Truck, but Stacy's friend Joe offered to trailer it up there if we would come. 50 miles in Northern Michigan in 1946 would have been a journey!!

Ron Scott

Yes, you should come up to the Cadillac Show in June. It's a big show for the area. Let me know if you do.
~Ron

Jeff

Jeff

Outta the barn for a breath of fresh air. Still not sure the electric fan is going to kick on. Using the gauge inside I ran it to 190 and it didn't come on.

thecfarm

A picture of 2 nice looking Fords.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Bruno of NH

My favorite style of mustang
Great work on the wiring Mr Jeff

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Jeff

Im afraid that the same guy that wired the car put the engine together.

We took the mustang to clare today for a 20 mile leisurely ride. It started rattling and knocking with a dead miss when we were  back to harrison about a half mile from home.  I guess its parked until this fall. To busy getting ready for the pigroast. I will do a compression test tomorrow. We never lost oil pressure.

doc henderson

just like a child, got to take the good times with some hard times.  hope it turns out to not be too serious!
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Ianab

One bonus about those old V8s is that they are pretty simple to rebuild. I could strip and rebuild my 70s vintage Holden (GM Aus) straight 6 in Dad's shed.

Modern quad cam Toyota with the variable valve stuff?  Good thing they are so reliable....

You can get a rebuilt short block for a sensible price, then you know it's all good inside.
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Don P

Start simple, the coil on the chevy had a loose connector this week and the coil on the tractor was cracked yesterday.

Jeff

Loose rocker arm.  Those don't  look like OEM to me.

Peter Drouin

No, I would say High-performance ones. Might have to pull the pushrod to see if It got damaged in some way.  Then check all the rockers. Do you have a  book for the motor?
I bet I -- we can get a book online for our motors.

Funny I use to work on all this stuff when I was in my teens and 20s. 45 years ago. Now I can't remember. Just have to relearn I guess. :D :D :P
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Jeff

Quote from: Peter Drouin on July 07, 2019, 11:08:09 PMFunny I use to work on all this stuff when I was in my teens and 20s. 45 years ago. Now I can't remember. Just have to relearn I guess.

Not exactly what I was thinking but almost. I was thinking I need to find away to afford to have someone do it for me now.:D I had Tammy start it and I adjusted that rocker, and quieted out all the tapping. I'll probably need to bring it up to temp and then adjust it before I put the tappet cover back on.  Hopefully I got it quick. It went from fine to a light tick to a pretty good tap in just a half mile.

Jeff

Peter Drouin

Money is why the lift is going in. The money I spent on my two trucks this past spring to get a sticker on them would have paid for the concrete and lift.
We have salt as you do. And it eats iron. 
I think in the long run it will pay. Then if I have just a computer problem Or something I just can't do then I'll bring them to the dealership.
I plan to keep the trucks for a long time. There both 5-speed standard and they don't make them anymore.

Power wash and oil every year.
Well, I got to get my butt out there cut some wood to pay for all of this. :D :D :D ;)
Good luck my friend.
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Thank You Sponsors!