iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A Couple of Questions about a MS380 Stihl

Started by Rod Chambers, January 21, 2014, 02:40:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rod Chambers

First time on here so a big HELLO to you all. I live in Australia (Its over 100° F at 6.30pm)
I bought the 380 off Ebay 2 years ago. It was second hand of coarse but it has done everything it is supposed to up until now. I was milling a small log and it handled it OK. I used 3 tanks of fuel during the process. I was 2 planks off finishing and it wouldn't start again. I have done all the usual things ....fuel in the tanks, clean air filter, clean spark plug...What else can I check?
Another complaint with It is that any bar oil left in the tank will seep out over night. Where do I look for a fix there
Don't ask...just do it!

AdkStihl

Milling is one of the hardest if not THE hardest thing you can put your saw through.
Chances are you fried the top end.
Pull the muffler and have a look at the piston through the exhaust port.
J.Miller Photography

JohnG28

What ADK said. Could try a new plug too, could be something simple. Check to see if you have spark also. Is the plug wet with fuel when you pull it after trying to start? Welcome to the forum.
Stihl MS361, 460 & 200T, Jonsered 490, Jonsereds 90, Husky 350 & 142, Homelite XL and Super XL

Al_Smith

If I'm not mistaken the 380 was a later version of the iconish 038 magnum which in my opinion was one of Stihls finest .

You've got three things you need ,fuel ,compression and spark .It's got to be one of them .

Thank You Sponsors!