iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Any Harley Riders

Started by Luckyfarmer, February 23, 2006, 08:23:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weekend_Sawyer

I'll chime in.

Been ridin since I was 12. Got my licens against my parents wishes, on my brothers 74 Kawa 400 something or another. Built my first bike, 68' XLCH Sportster. Had a couple of triumphs but they always felt a little small for me.

Currently grinnin in the wind on an 03' Road King, I'm looking out the window at it right now.
Matter of fact, what am I doing sittin here, see yall later I'm heading out.

Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

moosehunter

Jon,
I've been waiting for you to chime in here! When are you going to tell us about this summers ride?

I had an '87 FLT that my then girlfriend/ now wife and I rode to Key West.
Now I have an '86 Suzuki Cavalcade. Can't wait to finish building our house so I can get another dresser.
mh
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

Weekend_Sawyer

We had almost decided to cancled this years ride. The Lovley Miss Celest's Mom has been having some problems. She is now a double amputee, and I offered to spend this year's vacation at their little place in northern VA upgrading setps to ramps and such.

Last night we took the bike out to our favorite place to get Crab Cakes and over a pound of steamed shrimp, while looking out the window at the bike she suddenly said, "We are going on our trip this year, it's what we do, and something we look forward to". Well those of you who have met her should know that she is shy and quiet, Man I'm lucky, so when she strings that many words together I tend to listen.

Current plan is to head out the end of June and go north. We are going to see if Pappy and Jen are around and mabe stop in and see them in north Maine. Then cross into Canada and make for Prince Edward Island and spend a day riding around. We will then ferry over to Nova Scotia and spend 2 days exploring the area. From there it's a 10 hour ferry ride from Yarmouth NS to Portland Maine. After that if we have enough time we will cross New Hampshire and Vermont and come down through the Adirondacks of NY and find an interesting route home. That's the basic plan. Sofar our basic plan is generaly the way it works out.

Jon

sawguy21

You know what Jon, I like her attitude. She is probably close to her mother and very concerned but you have your lives to live too. She sounds pretty special 8)
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

moosehunter

Jon,
Thats great! No matter what else is going on you still need time for you.

My bride and myself will be in northern Maine the second week of July (8th-15th).
It would be a pleasure to meet up for dinner if our paths should cross!
We are going to Sinclair, about 15 miles south of Fort Kent.
Ride Safe!
mh

SwampDonkey

That means you'll probably be going up route 1, which is about 5 miles from my door step.  I'm 2 miles from Bridgewater crossing. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Weekend_Sawyer

If work doesn't throw an wrench into it, they havn't pinpointed a date but right around the end of June they want me to go on an install, may have to slide my dates some.

Swampy, and Moosy, I'll get ahold of you guys when I have My dates nailed down, and mabe I can do a ride by!
It is always great to stop in on FF members.

Jon

SwampDonkey

Jon, just me in the old homestead, got no dogs or cats.  ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Bro. Noble

Quote from: Weekend_Sawyer on May 12, 2006, 10:47:13 AM

Swampy, and Moosy, I'll get ahold of you guys when I have My dates nailed down,
Jon

Well,  Jon,  I just came across this thread and didn't read the first part,  but it makes me wonder if maybe this is why you're still a single fellow :o
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Bro. Noble

Quote from: SwampDonkey on May 12, 2006, 03:37:21 PM
Jon, just me in the old homestead, got no dogs or cats.  ;D

On the other hand,  SD,  maybe you could learn a thing or two from Jon 8) 8)
milking and logging and sawing and milking

pappy

Quote from: Weekend_Sawyer on May 05, 2006, 03:23:58 PM   
Current plan is to head out the end of June and go north. We are going to see if Pappy and Jen are around and mabe stop in and see them in north Maine. Jon

8)  8)  8)  8)  8)

we're always here  ;) looking forward to seeing yous folks again!!!!!!! Jon the road trip you and the lovely miss Celest have planned is going to be super... Jen and I went over to P.E.I. the year they built the big bridge... We went in the off season in September... Really laid back island and the people are great... We haven't been to Nova Scotia yet but the Cape Breton end of the island is a must see from what others have raved about, especially the Highlands National Park!!

Quote from: moosehunter on May 08, 2006, 07:33:59 AM
Jon,
My bride and myself will be in northern Maine the second week of July (8th-15th).
It would be a pleasure to meet up for dinner if our paths should cross!
We are going to Sinclair, about 15 miles south of Fort Kent.
Ride Safe!
mh

Moosehunter we live 7 miles south of Fort Kent and with you and yours here for two weeks we should try to hook up... Maybe a BBQ at camp outback or sumpin?? or maybe a canoe ride out on the Fish or both would be great !!!... What brings you to Sinclair ??
"And if we live, we shall go again, for the enchantment which falls upon those who have gone into the woodland is never broken."

"Down the Allagash."  by; Henry Withee

johncinquo

No harleys any longer, but I ride lots of others.  Today I just bought a 98 Valkyrie, so I'll be back in the cruising mode by Friday!  Flat 6 cylinder, 1500ccs, big comfy seat, big windshield.  The girlie will be happy to be back on a passenger friendly bike.  Red and white, so i'll have to add to the gear collection after having yellow, black, and blue bikes. 

I currently ride a Kawasaki ZRX 1200.  Great bike, not a tupperware torpedo, its considered a naked or standard bike.  Lots of fun and a lil sneaky to play with the true rice rockets. 

Sold off a YZF 1000 last week, so had room in the garage.  I didnt go crazy this year, last spring I started with 7 bikes in the garage.  Buy em all fall and winter, clean and fix em up and wait for spring.  Always seem to make out alright and keeps me out of the taverns all winter working on something. 

Trips I have planned this year are around Lake Huron, 2x down to Deals Gap in GA, over to New York, and maybe to Eureka Springs AR if I have the chance.  Last year lapped Lake Superior and a couple trips down south.  I put on a a good 8-10K miles a year. 

I am looking for a project bike or two.  I want an older Honda 4 cylinder to convert into a chopper.  I keep my eye out for a CBX1000 that has seen better days but still mechanicly sound.  Yeah, I need another project around here!
To be one, Ask one
Masons and Shriners

moosehunter

pappy,
( I like your username, my grandson just started calling me "pappy"!)

A friend of ours has a camp on Mud lake. Eight years(1998) ago he told me about the moose lottery. I entered, won a permit and went to his camp to hunt. Had a great time. Took my wife the next year for a week of R&R. Have been back a number of times sense.
This years trip is over my birthday week. She asked me what I wanted for for my birthday, I said " lobster at the Sportsman" 8)

Thanks for the offer of a little canoeing, thats one of the things we do when we are there, so we'll take you up on that! The BBQ sounds great too! ( just not on the 13th, I'll be eatin' lobster @ the sportsman ;D)
Looking forward to meeting you,
Mike

Weekend_Sawyer

That's just one of the great things about the FF, bringing nice folks together from all over.

8) 8)

MotorSeven

Had a 98 RoadKing & put 40K on her in 4 years including a 6500 mile two week round trip to Sturgis from Ft. Lauderdale(HATE trailers ;D). Then, the big "D" in '03 and had to sell her to a musician in Tampa. I made him promise to give me first shot if he ever sells, so every now and then he calls to torture me.... :(. But i still ride 4 days a week.......hint- MotorSeven/M-7. I think i'd like to restore a 60's FLH when i ever get retired/mill the logs/build the house/barn/fence the pastures/etc/etc...... 8). I really like long trips and plan on someday doing the 4 corners of this great country....riding sure gets in your blood no matter what brand of iron you choose!

RD
WoodMizer LT15 27' bed

pappy

Quote from: moosehunter on May 19, 2006, 12:41:58 PM
  Thanks for the offer of a little canoeing, thats one of the things we do when we are there, so we'll take you up on that! The BBQ sounds great too! ( just not on the 13th, I'll be eatin' lobster @ the sportsman ;D)
Looking forward to meeting you,
Mike

Got ya down on the calendar  8)  8)  8)

Great place here foe sho  ;D

I IM'd ya
"And if we live, we shall go again, for the enchantment which falls upon those who have gone into the woodland is never broken."

"Down the Allagash."  by; Henry Withee

Raider Bill

My first Bike was a 70 fl police bike that I bought at a auction in 74. Road that until 84 when I bought a FLH the last of the Shovelheads. Still riding it, well right now it's getting it's 10 year topend and face lift.
I bought a 2003 Road king this year and put 6800 miles in 5 weeks this summer on it just puttin around the country. This is when and how I found my 69 acres in TN.
Also have a 2000 low rider on the shelf as a project or trade.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Thank You Sponsors!