iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Stihl 064 Parts

Started by ladnerlogging, May 23, 2010, 08:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ladnerlogging

I have a couple of questions:
1.) Will the gas tank off of a 066 work on an 064? What about a side cover?
2.) Any experience w/ putting Helicoils in a stihl saw? The hole that you screw the chain catch and inner dog on is stripped out, and my dealer wants $40 per one put in. I need it on 2 diff. saws, and can buy the kit for $25, so if that would work, I'd prefer that. I was told it was 5mm- is there coarse and fine thread metric screws, or all the same?

Thanks

jteneyck

There is a M5 x 0.5 mm fine thread, but your saw more likely has the the more common coarse thread, which is M5 x 0.8 mm.  Easy enough to check if you already have the machine screw by trying to thread on a nut. 

OldTimbercutter

The gas  tank and Sprocket cover are the same.
deere 440b
clark f66
loyal dog
stihls 440,460, 066
pretty wife who likes to cook
prentice loaders
A few huskys and a dolmar
Life is good

Al_Smith

Another option at times is just to take it out to the next size  . The rule of thumb for the tap size is to deduct the thread spacing from the bolt size .For example an M5--.5 would be 4.5MM .On SAE bolts you use the same formula example 3/8 16 tpi is 5/16" hole size .

I have a 2100 Huskie that I must have retapped half dozen holes out to 6 mm .

Another thing to remember ,more fasteners develop thread failures because it wasn't torqued to the proper value .An under tighted bolt will fail more often than a properly tigtened bolt . On a aluminum it takes 4 times the bolt diameter of thread engagement ,cast iron 2 and steel 1 . Bolt trivia 101 . ;)

Thank You Sponsors!