iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A lil fried trout

Started by drobertson, July 23, 2015, 09:20:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drobertson

While we were up in the Cheese state, Wisconsin that is,  I dug out some trout my daughter and son in law had frozen away, now I know she knows how, and Levi wasn't too sure about it, never had been a big fish eater, til that night ;D   We did some grilled shrimp to go with the trout.

only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Ljohnsaw

Nice and pink - don't look like planters!  It's hard to find some wild or hold-over trout out here.  Most are white flesh and tasteless.  :(
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

sawguy21

Mmmmm. That is some fine eating. Due to our hot dry summer stream fishing is banned and the lakes are slow, sure wish I could get some fresh trout.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

beenthere

Can't help but wonder why stream fishing would be banned due to a hot dry summer.. unless it has to do with a danger from or to the fisherman.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

sawguy21

The fish are struggling due to low stream levels and above average water temperature.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

drobertson

Well, these came from Colorado, multiple bags of whole gutted head on trout, Levi wasn't sure how to handle, like I said he is a new convert to the cornmeal ranch red pepper skillet trout,  really hard to beat if you like fish in general, but that's just me, I could and have ate it for breakfast, lunch and dinner, a good salad only tops the cake,  ;D (blue cheese ya know)
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

beenthere

Quote from: sawguy21 on July 24, 2015, 01:54:49 PM
The fish are struggling due to low stream levels and above average water temperature.

Which means.. ??  shouldn't catch them? 
Lowering the population density seems to be the better plan to help struggling fish. But not my call.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

SwampDonkey

What kind of trout out there? Used to fish for speckled (brook) trout out this way. Nice and pink most times, but in some instances they didn't have pink flesh from certain brooks. In hot dry summers I have seen trout congregate at cold water springs feeding into lakes, sometimes their backs out of water.

Not uncommon to close fishing due to low and warmer than usual water. In the case of brook trout or Atlantic salmon they are hardly over populated.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

21incher

That looks good. I hope that is bacon fat you are frying it in. digin_2 digin_2
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Thank You Sponsors!