macurtis

Ordered sawmill last week. Ordered some business cards and a
sign for truck. Will have commercial on radio, get this, 3 times
a day, one in the morning right before or right after the daily farm
report, one right before the high noon news and one before the
obituary list, for some reason country folks listens to this. All for
$ 150 per month.,

Also, I was eating lunch yesterday and this man kept looking my
way. After a while, he asked me what my name was.
We started talking, we had met back in 1984. I asked him what he
was doing in my neck of the woods. Low and behold he is the
procurement forester for large,large company. I told him what I
was doing and asked if he could help,he had someone today
call him about needing some logs sawn. I am excited!!

Don P

Good deal! 8) Sounds like you hit the ground running. I thought we had the only station like that. You shoulda heard the fuss when they tried to cancel the dead people show. That's a hot spot you got. ;D

macurtis

Don, another good thing about radio station, it reaches 9 of
my surrounding counties, the exact 50 mile radious I was
looking for.

Frank_Pender

I wish we had a station like that here abouts in Dallas, Oregon area.  I would listen each day to make sure my name was not on the list. :D :D  However, I do read the Salem paper to see if my name has made the printed list of those who have passed on to a better life. :)  I have not made that list as yet.  I reckon I have far toooo much yet to saw. ;D  I DID make the regional Ag. newspaper, the Capital Press a couple of years ago.  It about cover the whole of one page.  I got 2 calls from the issue.  the paper covers most of Washington, Oregon and Northern Calif.   :'(  I reckon that if I got much busier that I would find my name on the list in the paper.   :-/  I can't afford that kind of advertisement. :-X  It sounds like you have got some good sources out in front of you.  The best of luck to you in your venture of making sawdust.
Frank Pender

macurtis

Frank, the radio station cut me a deal on the above rates. I
think after a month word of mouth might start kicking in.
One of my old neighbors from across town dropped by today,
I had told him the other day that I had ordered new mill. He wanted to know when it would be in because he has lined up
several thousand board feet of lumber to cut. Hell I got to practice
using that thing!!

Tom

Practice using it !...........heck you don't even have a mill yet and you already have several thousand board feet to cut?

If your advertiseing works you will have to start hiring folks quick. :D

Have you checked out the Enron stories lately? :D :D :D :D :D

Bud Man

Soon to be coming out of Chute # 7--woodmizer macurtis       Looks like you need an appointment secretary and one of those Basskin Robbin # taking machines--Yee Haw               What brand of cologne u using --share your secret !!!
The groves were God's first temples.. " A Forest Hymn"  by.. William Cullen Bryant

Papa Dave

Sounds like you are doing all the right things.  You may want to invest in a hot tub and some Doan's pills, too.  Just to relieve the pain and suffering. :D

Congratulations and wish you the best.

Thank You Sponsors!