iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Poll 'How many leak free years from your boiler?'

Started by chet, December 24, 2014, 11:32:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chet

How many leak free years have you gotten from your current or old outdoor boiler?  My mild steel CB has now been in service for 15 years. I run it 365 days a year. 
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

thecfarm

Heatmor has given me 7, so far.  But even if it did start to,it has saved me time and money. I had an indoor one in my other house for more than 20,with no problems at all.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

barbender

We have a Heatmor, I think we are on the 7th season.
Too many irons in the fire

snowstorm

i bought a used taylor 10 yrs ago. no leaks yet. the dealer for them said every one he sold was still going

Dave Shepard

My 6048 is over 8 years old and no leaks. I've only had it running for a couple of months, but no issues with the previous owner.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

doctorb

e-2300 is 6 years old.  never had to add water.
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Roger2561

This is my 4th season heating with the CB E-Classic 1400; no leaks at the boiler but I did have a small leak at a fitting inside the house where it connects to the flat plate heat exchanger.  A slight tweak with a pipe wrench and all is good.  Roger
Roger

maple flats

I'm answering for my brother's unit. His is now 24 yrs old, but has been repaired a few times. He has re-tubed the unit as well as welded a patch on the bottom and another on the back. At 24 yrs, Installed in the summer of 1990, that's not bad. His is a Taylor Waterstove.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

trapper

11 years until my first leak.  small cb.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

ckhenshaw4

13 Years on my Heatmor, and no leaks as of yet.      8)
Getting TOO old to "man handle" wood anymore. Looking at building a firewood processor.

VTwoodworker

E-classic 2300 - 2 1/2 years before a defective weld cracked. 

I had the welds repaired and reinforced and now on 3 1/2 years since.  Unfortunately Central Boiler and the lifetime warranty on these defects were worthless with the problem.

jcmc

Central Boiler CL-40 installed November 1998 still no leaks Knock on wood!!!!

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

OneWithWood

The CB 7260 has been in service for ten years now.  No leaks.  It burns about six months per year and yes, we have caused it to boil over a time or two (amazing how hot a fire fueled with shop scraps can get in a very short period of time).  The CL-40 we had before that was in service for 12 years without any issues.
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Randy88

wood doctor was 5.5 years old I think the first time, has leaked twice since then and is now 7.5 years old

Farmerjw

Central Boiler, 14 leak free years (no leaks ever).  Replaced it this year with a brand new classic only because it would be the last time I could get a classic.
Premier Bovine Scatologist

firechief

Central Boiler E-2300 leak free for 6th year now.  knock knock knock

userdk

I have a Heatmaster SS. 8 years to date and no problems.

thecfarm

tractorhead9542

Wood Boiler brand. Nothing but a problem! No actual leaks on the boiler itself, but EVERYTHING else has had an issue. 4th season now, I am constantly working on it! Works great when it does, but boy look out when it has a "day". Oddly enough, I still like it. Go figure...
Saws: Stihl 015, 036, MS250 (2), MS362, MS461, MS660. Equipment: Northern 30 ton splitter, Ford 340B, Gehl 3935 skid, 2004 Ford F-350 DRW, and a lot of Allis-Chalmers!

red oaks lumber

no leaks here... i never keep a stove more than 5 yrs though :)
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

ihookem

I have 6 yrs in when spring time comes. No leaks but my controller went out.

bigbuckhughes

th9542,    What sort of issues have you had w/ your stove?  Just curious.  Am a central boiler owner and just like to be aware of what may go wrong.  No leaks since useing for the last 8-9 seasons

tractorhead9542

bbhughes- This is a Wood Boiler brand. I feel its more of a series of design issues than anything. Starting with the blower had NO shutter. It would empty the firebox out in hours and constantly had boil overs if it was above 40. Had to build a automatic damper/shutter.No stack caused a constant haze around the house. Added a 4' stack and that was done. Hoses on the door pinch, bind, and then leaked. I fabed swivel hyd. hoses and that helped some. Pump tends to aerate when house doesn't call for heat. This is my doing I believe- pump(s) are in basement on a panel for ease of service/swap. Sheetmetal likes to loosen up on the exterior too. Still I have to say I like the full door and octagonal firebox and that's what has kept me from cutting it up...
Saws: Stihl 015, 036, MS250 (2), MS362, MS461, MS660. Equipment: Northern 30 ton splitter, Ford 340B, Gehl 3935 skid, 2004 Ford F-350 DRW, and a lot of Allis-Chalmers!

Hawken50

I've had a woodmaster for 10 years, with the exception of a blower fan going no problems.

Thank You Sponsors!