iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hydraulic Help

Started by Ohio_Bill, February 25, 2014, 04:23:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ohio_Bill

I have a Gearmatic  Model 21 winch . Gearmatic made these for Massey Ferguson, not many of them around and parts are not available.  It has a  low volume hydraulic pump 900 psi that engages the clutch and releases the break .  The pump is getting warn out and I have to weight for to build up pressure for it to work .   
Would it be possible to some how drop the pressure of the skidders hydraulic system to 900 psi for a feed to the winch without affecting the main hydraulic system?  If I could do this , the old pump in the winch could be eliminated . 

Thanks for your help

Bill
USAF Veteran  C141 Loadmaster
LT 40 HDD42-RA   , Allis Chalmers I 500 Forklift , Allis Chalmers 840 Loader , International 4300 , Zetor 6245 Tractor – Loader ,Bob Cat 763 , Riehl Steel Edger

treeslayer2003

pressure regulator? the clarks have one to limit trans pressure but it is the entire trans system. couldn't you get any pump that would fit and regulate it that way?

Ohio_Bill

After doing some reading I think a pressure reducing valve is what is needed . The main system is 1700 psi open .  The pressure reducing valve would go in series with the winch line and drop that line to 900 psi ..  Does that sound ok ?

In contrast to pressure relief valves, which affect the level of input pressure (i.e. pump pressure) fed into the hydraulic system, pressure reducing valves are used to influence the output pressure of the hydraulic system to a subsystem (e.g. actuator pressure).

Reducing the input pressure (primary pressure) or maintaining a particular output pressure (secondary pressure) is achieved at a set value which is below the varying pressure occurring in the main hydraulic circuit. It is thus possible to reduce the pressure in one part of the circuit to a lower level than the system pressure.
Bill
LT 40 HDD42-RA   , Allis Chalmers I 500 Forklift , Allis Chalmers 840 Loader , International 4300 , Zetor 6245 Tractor – Loader ,Bob Cat 763 , Riehl Steel Edger

kiko

Any concern about returning the oil from the winch when using the main hydraulic system? 

Ohio_Bill

Quote from: kiko on February 25, 2014, 09:29:32 PM
Any concern about returning the oil from the winch when using the main hydraulic system? 

No problem with that   it uses the same type oil 
Bill

hu5qvarna395xp

Hey bill how you been tried calln you few wks bk no anwser tho
Jd an franklin skidders,husqvarna saws,prentice loaders an mack trucks that's how we roll!!!

Thank You Sponsors!