iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Official 2019 16th annual PiGROAST RSVP topic.

Started by Jeff, June 03, 2019, 03:41:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

16th Annual Forestry Forum Pig Roast August 2 & 3rd, 2019!
Tomorrow we order the pig and the port-a-potties (MEN'S and LADY'S!) so that means it is time to start getting a count for the pigroast. :)

Once again, I'd like to take a moment and encourage, that this year, if you have been meaning to come, but keep telling yourself " I'll make it next year", Make it this year! No one knows what the future holds, and as I get deeper in this life, I'm beginning to get a fuller understanding of that. We should grasp each moment like it is the last and celebrate it!  Now, on to the details!

Remember this is a family event. We have a pool for the kids and when we know there is going to be a group, we plan activities to include them. So, if ya got em, BRING EM!  :D

You are not required to rsvp to attend, but we sure would appreciate it if you think there is a good chance you are coming to add your number of attendees to our count. This gives us a good idea on what to expect and also gives incentive to others to come. You can always retract if you need to, but you won't  ;) :).

Area Motels

Area Camping

I strongly recommend getting opinions on hotels or motels in the area from us or other members that have come to the pigroast. There are a handful that turn up on those google maps that we will strongly advise against. There are plenty of very good places to stay.

ITINERARY:
Friday, August 2, Set up day, visiting, pig prep, boiled dinner for supper! Bon fire. Swimming, more visiting
Saturday, August 3, Pancakes and sausage breakfast at 8 a.m., Pig around noonish, followed by door prizes and visiting.

Please continue the count in your post. :)
BROKAW FAMILY

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

doc henderson

We are working on the july august schedule at work and i have told them i need it off.  i am required to cover if no one can, and my assistant medical director was planning a trip to Sturgis.  all that having been said, please plan for 4 of us.  Bryan, Georgia, Monique and William.

so 14 with us.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

GAB

Please put me and my wife down for 2.             up to 16
I plan on bringing syrup for breakfast.
I will not be bringing taters as they are still in the bag.
Weather here has been extra wet this spring.
GAB
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

jmouton

lt-40 wide ,,bobcat,sterling tandem flatbed log truck,10 ton trailer, stihl 075,041,029,066,and a 2017 f-350,oh and an edger

Jeff

The pig and porta potties have been ordered this morning. (From different vendors ;) )  Thats a lot of pig for 19 people, lets get this list moving eh? 8)

Ron Scott

~Ron

trapper

Joyce and I would make it 23.  Made motel reservation before we left last year.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

Dan_Shade

Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Sheepkeeper

The Sheepkeepers make it 26. Motel reservation made. Looking forward to seeing everyone.
The hurry-er I go the behind-er I get.

Crusarius

Put me down as tentative but want to be there.

so me, the wife, and the 2 rodents makes 4 more

Total of 30

Sixacresand

"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

fat olde elf

Fat Olde Elf makes 33. I think this is  Number 16 which means I have been at 15 of these gatherings. My other Michigan contacts always ask me if I'm planning on attending the Pig Roast. So by now you would think they would know I'm serious about the Pig Roast.  I am serious as octogenarian can get .  12 days until 82.......Be glad to see everyone..  

Cook's MP-32 saw, MF-35, Several Husky Saws, Too Many Woodworking Tools, 4 PU's, Kind Wife.

DbltreeBelgians

Brent and Jill from DblTreeBelgian Farm make #34&35.
Last year we stay at Hidden Hills campgrounds and its a very nice place to stay. This year we decided not to camp so we are looking for recommendations from the members on a nice hotel or resort to kick back for a couple nights.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks,

Brent

Jeff

If I see suggestions, I can let you know if I have negative info.   Maybe try the Carriage house Inn. It is probably full, but you never know. It's a B&B  Great views of the lake and you could probably hear me do a burnout with the mustang from there. :D

DbltreeBelgians

Quote from: Jeff on June 16, 2019, 05:38:42 PM
If I see suggestions, I can let you know if I have negative info.   Maybe try the Carriage house Inn. It is probably full, but you never know. It's a B&B  Great views of the lake and you could probably hear me do a burnout with the mustang from there. :D
smiley_horserider  You mean like this?   :D  Just kidding. 
I did say something to Jill about the Carriage House Inn and also a place called Snug Haven Resort

Jeff

I dont think snughaven rents for less than 3 days. May have changed.

DbltreeBelgians

tule peak timber

persistence personified - never let up , never let down

glassman_48

Jeff,
I am planning on coming, and I am trying to get my employee and his son with his laser tag equipment to bring with him.  I will let you know if more are coming.  

WDH

If the creeks don't rise, i will be there. 

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Nomad

Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

derhntr

Wife and I make 41. Jeff how about putting header on the home page. I got notice via email. I just don't visit General Forum that often. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Brian and Bonnie  
2006 Woodmizer LT40HDG28 with command control (I hate walking in sawdust)
US Army National Guard (RET) SFC

jb616

doctorb

We are having a wedding.  I think that makes me a "regret" and places me into the "maybe next year" category.
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Jeff

Doc, it'd be way cheaper to just have a pigroast. Just sayin. ;)

Thank You Sponsors!