iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Insect ID

Started by JV, May 02, 2009, 06:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JV

While cleaning up slabs from some ash I sawed recently, I noticed some critters in the slabs inside some rather large bore holes.  They were pretty much limited to within a couple of inches from the bark.  Their stripes are lime green on a black body.

Are these something I really need to be concerned with or just a common boring insect?
John

'05 Wood-mizer LT40HDG28-RA, Lucas 613 Swing Mill, Stihl 170, 260 Pro, 660, 084 w/56" Alaskan Mill, 041 w/Lewis Winch, Case 970 w/Farmi Winch, Case 850 Crawler Loader, Case 90XT Skidloader, Logrite tools

fishpharmer

Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

JV

Yep, sure looks like it.  Thanks.  With all the critters out there munching on trees lately, I guess I'm a little paranoid.  I fully expect our county to have the EAB as it is now in the next counties north and east of us.  Just walked two of our woodlots and saw a lot of damage from the high winds and ice storms last winter and this spring.
John

'05 Wood-mizer LT40HDG28-RA, Lucas 613 Swing Mill, Stihl 170, 260 Pro, 660, 084 w/56" Alaskan Mill, 041 w/Lewis Winch, Case 970 w/Farmi Winch, Case 850 Crawler Loader, Case 90XT Skidloader, Logrite tools

Thank You Sponsors!