iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A day on the woodlot

Started by ford400, November 13, 2012, 06:48:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ford400

The wife and I just bought a 75 acer woodlot. Spend the other day walking the lot getting to know the land and the neighbours lots.  The above picture is the little area I set up to make lunch.

This picture is what is left of the old bridge. Our lot is land locked and the bridge was causing erosion to the field in front of our lot. The bridge had fallen into the river and had to be taken out. You can see were the bank to the right is lost several feet of bank.

This picture is looking down the old haul road and across the valley. i will need to clean out the road for the ATV and a small area off to the left for the camping platform. The wife also want some trees cut so she can see across the valley.

If I figure out how to up load PDF files I will post a map of the boundry lines.

Autocar

Looks like a great place to spend the rest of your lives  ;)
Bill

Holmes

Your property looks comforting... enjoy  :)
Think like a farmer.

beenthere

Welcome to the Forestry Forum.

We'll be interested in your endeavors to settle in on your new 75 acres.

Good on the pics and nice lunch spot. Is the river on the edge or across the property? Do you need to rebuild the bridge to gain access?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

clww

Welcome to the Forestry Forum. :)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

thecfarm

ford400.like your user name. welcome to the forum. Plan on building a house there?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

terry f

Looks like a lifetime of fun (work). Welcome

g_man

Looks like a nice peaceful place for you to enjoy.
I remember when we went for work and play picnics on our wood lot. Now we live on it and are very happy..

ford400

Beenthere.
The river is not on the lot, but our right of way has to cross it. The ownership of the bridge held up the purchase for most of the summer. It is not on our land so the vender said it was not their responsibility, but the owener of the lot in front of ours did not build it so he said it was not his. Quite a mess. We just did not want to be responsible for cleaning it up. 

In the picture you can see the river to the north of our lot.

There is a mountain bike trail that crosses our lot, we have been using that for now. Makes for a nice walk.

I am not sure if we will rebuild the bridge, it would require alot of fill in order to raise it hight enought for the 100 year flood.

thecfarm

I have no plans of building a house there, but the wife does. So maybe there will be one there some day. We are going to start small though, first up is a platform for a tent and table and chairs.

Thank You Sponsors!