iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Rotobec Grapple

Started by LaegersATC500R, June 03, 2016, 06:25:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaegersATC500R

The bottom of the rotator housing is leaking oil. I need to remove the grapple to replace the seals. I looked at the parts break down and have an idea how to do it. I never did this before so I need a little help.  The rotator model number is 3252 mounted on a F90. Any pointers on how best to remove? BTW this is an older unit built around 1995
Morton Downey Jr. was a good man.

Autocar

When I bought my F-90 the motor was missing and the hanger bracket for the grapple was home made. The grapple it self had a flat plate and you could see holes where the motor was bolted on. I ended up making a new hanger bracket and put a Char-Lynn motor on mine to rotate left and right. If I remember rightly on my 110 Prentice you unbolted  [four 3/8 inch bolts ] and the motor would drop down and I believe it had a spline shaft [ Male ] that went into a female splin and thats how it would spin. Then I pulled all the bolts off the top of the motor and when you pulled the top off  then you can replace the splin shaft seal and you might as well replace the two plastic padles that makes it rotate. Not sure but about bet the F-90 is about the same as the 110.
Bill

kiko

Does the rotator look like this one?

AlexHart

When I took mine apart the Prentice guy at the Oliver Store (I guess that's all gone now and they are owned by Cat now) warned me it would be hard to get it apart and it didn't disappoint.    I guess they are pressed in there or something.   I made up a puller out of some threaded rod and a pretty nasty steel plate and we just kept hammering on it with the big air wrench and it finally pulled out (thank goodness). 

Once it came out replacing the parts wasn't that hard and surprisingly affordable.   Honestly its been awhile and I can't even remember what the heck I did but it wasn't too bad.   

And that's why I took mine apart was that exact problem.    Oil coming out the bottom from bad seals.   

LaegersATC500R

This is what it looks like
--Photos MUST be in the Forestry Forum gallery!!!!!--.com/user/Chainsaw3406/media/0604161640_zpstvsjpkfg.jpg.html][img width=650 --Photos MUST be in the Forestry Forum gallery!!!!!--.com/albums/qq150/Chainsaw3406/0604161640_zpstvsjpkfg.jpg[/img][/URL]

kiko

The pictures are not in your gallery.   

LaegersATC500R

It shows 2 pics in  my gallery

kiko

I can't open them for some reason or another.

LaegersATC500R

--Photos MUST be in the Forestry Forum gallery!!!!!--.com/albums/qq150/Chainsaw3406/0604161640_zpstvsjpkfg.jpg

Thank You Sponsors!