iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Colorado hunt

Started by Firewoodjoe, April 01, 2018, 08:14:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barbender

The more hunters there are, the harder you have to work. Often, an easier tag=poorer hunting. Elk don't take much pressure, and when they get shot at they might run for miles. That means they end up were people aren't at, and you need horses to get to them. That's been my experience, anyhow. 
Too many irons in the fire

newoodguy78

I've been out to Colorado twice with an over the counter bull tag, both times came home empty handed. I totally agree with what these guys are saying about elk being shy and elusive when spooked. If you go into it with the notion they will be everywhere you're apt to be disappointed, go into knowing you'll see some amazing sights and beautiful places with the possibility you'll fill your tag it'll be a wonderful trip that won't disappoint. 

I'm not sure what elevation you'll be hunting at but the best advice I can give you is to get in shape. When I was out there some of the best memories I made were being as far from civilization as my legs had ever carried me and just enjoying the serenity of it all it's truly humbling.
I found more than one place that had me bent over staring at the tops of my boots,but once acclimated I did pretty well or so I thought.

Firewoodjoe

I've herd so many differant things over the past year. I know several people that go to whyoming and one that went to Colorado. The one that went to Colorado said he seen elk everyday within walking distance of his camper. Let two small bulls go because he didn't want to pack them out. I'll just have to try out my thoughts and skills 😁. My goal is to wake up at about 10,000 feet and spot first day light then slowly work the draws till mid day or afternoon then set up camp again on the top and spot till dark. Yes I can camp and sleep out on the cold.

Thank You Sponsors!