iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Prentice BC log loader specs

Started by logman81, September 29, 2011, 01:12:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

logman81

Just wondering if anyone knows the specs or has any info on the Prentice BC model log loader? What is the reach? Lift capacity? Any problems with them? A guy is sealing one about an hour away from me cheap but with out grapple, I have been kicking around the idea about piecing together a non cdl log truck to haul my own logs off my jobs. I have been hauling logs with my 18' equipment trailer, loading the logs on to it with my tractor. Works good but I have no way of unloading them at my yard. :( I have looked at log trailers but way out of my price range and not maneuverable enough for some of the places I get into.   
Precision Firewood & Logging

smwwoody

BC normaly stands for back of cab in a prentice model number. Like GOBC or 110BC. Are you sure you have the full model#

Woody
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
Pendu slab recovery system
KJ4WXC

logman81

That's what I thought the BC stands for. That is all that the ad says that it is a prentice BC model log loader mounted on a F-700.

smwwoody

If you can get the full model # I should be able to get the specs. Give the guy a call and see what he says. See if you can get a pic that might help
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
KJ4WXC

logman81

I emailed him, no number to call. I asked him to give me more info and pics if he had any.

logman81

Got a hold of the guy he is going to get some pics and send them today. :)

logman81

Ok guys the guy sent me a few pics of it and it looks almost exactly like the one HuZzey has. The boom swings without the seat it looks pretty good so I'm going to go check it out it's a cheap price so what the heck why not. :D

smwwoody

Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
KJ4WXC

logman81

Ok F model than. :) What should I be looking for when I go to look it over? I know I should be checking things like pins and bushings cylinder leaks possibly cracks that have been welded things like that. Does any one know what the lift capacity is? Can I put a bypass grapple on it?

snowstorm

if the seat dosent swing with the boom its oldddddd like the 60's. dont know the price but its not worth much. there was one on crigs list up here for $1500 thats to much. where the boom swings on the mast a lot of those broke even the f and g . i had a g it broke traded for a 110 back in 1980. the 110 was much better. it most likely has a pulp bucket they were great for 4ft wood not so much for anything else. some of the 110's had a bypass bucket they were ok . i know cheap sounds nice but it isnt always the way to go. you might be better off looking a bit further north for a 120 or hood or serco one 10 yrs old mite be had for 5 to 6k

HuZzEy

My FOBC loader has a rotobec bypass bucket on it and I paid $1500 for the truck and loader it the rotobec bucket so I don't think I over paid. if the trucks runs and moves loader works and within your budget buy it mines old but it works. the boom is slow but the piston is leaking inside     

snowstorm

you got good deal on the bucket the loader was free

HuZzEy

probly true I like the rotobec. the guy we bought it from even gave us the old pulp bucket that was on it. we plan on scrapping the truck the loader is on when we find time to put it on our f800 right now I'm making a tag axle for it out of a freightliner air ride susp and a trailer axle.     

logman81

Sounds to me you got a very good deal HuZzey, I normally don't talk price but there asking 2,500 for the loader alone with no grapple so unless they come down on the price I'm gonna have to pass.

smwwoody

If you can get that old loader at the right price go for it.  It may take a little work but sometimes those old loaders work out just fine.   Here is a pic of my old GOBC at work.  It goes to work every day.  I put some work into it but not much money.  I would love to have a new one but the price is a little steep for me the way the economy is now. 

Woody

Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
KJ4WXC

treefarmer87

I see the powerline dried enough for you to get your logs :)
1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

smwwoody

Yea we just got in there empty but it came out just fine loaded. On the 5th load we were starting to get a nice road packed in
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
KJ4WXC

logman81

Nice setup smwwoody! ;D That's exactly the kind of setup I'm hoping to put together.

smwwoody

Thanks logman
It takes some work and time to put together some of the old iron and get it in good enbough shape to use every day. But you can do it fairly cheap if you have the skill and time.

Woody
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
KJ4WXC

logman81

I totally agree with you :) I think that the loader would work just fine. It wouldn't be something I would use every day so with a little work like some fresh paint and maybe new hydraulic lines and a truck to put it on, It should be a nice little setup. It does come with the tank and the pump so that is a plus but it is missing the grapple. :( No big deal though I would put a bypass grapple on it anyway. 

logman81

What is the lift capacity on this loader?

HuZzEy

I did find info for mine Maximum Lifting capacity is 7200 lbs. at 6 feet and 1200 lbs. at 15 feet. 

logman81

Thats probably around the same capacity as the F model I'm looking at thanks. ;D

CosmoPack

If you can find the exact model #, I can e-mail you a spec sheet.  I am the product mgr for Prentice Knuckleboom loaders and I have electronic copies of most of the loaders that we have ever built.

smwwoody

CosmoPac
Can you help me out with this one. Model GOBC. Serial # 8491
Thanks
Woody
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim