iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Veneer Orders

Started by Autocar, October 05, 2011, 07:35:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autocar

Is anyone hearing anything out of there buyers ? Mine has called me twice in the last two weeks and tells me there only buying what they have sold after that it is up in the air what will happen. The bad econony around the world is catching up with everyone I guess  ::).
Bill

madmari

We just sent a load of 4 clear face maple with hearts smaller than a Wall Street Banker- only one log made the veneer buyer. No market. Listening to the news tonight, the European financial situation is worse than ours.
I know why dogs stick thier head out the car window.

WDH

It is time to hold them or fold.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

craigc

My veneer buyer says he has never had a better year for buying, 98% of what he is buying is walnut.  Says the markets for 4 sides clear are good, 3 sides are off.  White Oak is off you need to have good logs to get a good price.  Which for White Oak is hard in my area to buy if things are tight on grade specifications, we have to many mineral problems.
Rottne SMV, Timbco with Logmax 9000, JD 540B Grapple.

Ken 45lc

The one I talked to this summer said that the prices should bee pretty good this fall, well we just heard from him this week and the prices actually went down. Looks like we might have to change gears and start cutting paper wood until this straightens up.

Thank You Sponsors!