iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Jerky ... How too ....

Started by isawlogs, October 24, 2007, 07:46:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

isawlogs

Make it .
I want to make some , what I would like is a full recipe ...

• What cut is it from
  • How it is cut (thickness )

• How it is prepared
  • Da hole shootin' shabang  :D

I am going to get the smoker ready this fall too .

So basicaly if you have a good recipe that you are willing to share , here would be a nice spot to put er down ....
I aint much into spicy and hot  .. more sweet and sour  ( for the recipe ...  )  ;)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Fla._Deadheader

First, ya got to GET a deer.  ::) ::)

I boned out the whole deer.Took the bigger muscles and froze them, just as you could seperate from the membrane. Later, took enough to make 2 half gallon ziplock bags of eatin.

Cut the meat with the grain, into nice 1/8 "X 1½" strips X 3"--4 " long.
  Made up a soak of Swamp Gator juice, a heapin dash of dry Swamp gator seasonin, Sprinkle, Some Soy sauce, brown sugar and oregano. Had a few shakes of Bull gator in there too. Mix well and submerse the meat overnight.

I sperimented on amounts, so, use what ya feel is right. It's semi, not too hot, nor spicy. It's NOT real sweet, and definitely NOT sour. It's just good eatin.

Soak overnight in da fridge.

Next mawnin, faar up the smoker. I used whatever to get some coals, charcoal, hunks of Hikry or Oak, then used wet sawdust and sliced Apple limb wood for smoke. Add the smokey makin stuff after the meat is partly cooked.

Put them strips on the grill wire thingy. All you can get but don't overlap too much. When the smoker gets at least medium hot, put that grill wire thingy in on the high setting. Be sure to get the water pan hot along with the faar. Add some drippings ofthe soak into the water pan.

Cook-smoke, until meat is cooked through and NOT crispy. As it cools, it will stiffen up, but I don't like to crisp burn good meat.  ::) ::)

Never could get both bags filled. The Vultures got to circlin as soon as the meat hit the faar.  ::) ::) ::)

Had a guy at the warehouse used to brag on his toothpaste lookin Beef Jerky. He quit makin as soon as he got some of mine. Everyone said I otter market the stuff. Don't think I cooda got nuff Deer to do-dat  ::) ::) :D :D :D

For non-believers, Google up Swamp Gator Seasonings, made in Felda, Florida. Maybe ???   8)  YEP, Googled 'er up.  8) 8)
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Weekend_Sawyer

There is a thread in the Outdoor forum started about 5 years ago.

Here
https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?topic=1683.20

Use curing salt in your recipe. It's important.

Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Thank You Sponsors!